Senior Software Engineer
Enbala · Denver, CO
Enbala Power Networks, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is focused on making the world’s power grids greener and more reliable, efficient and predictable by harnessing the power of distributed energy. Enbala’s real-time energy-balancing platform is transforming energy system operations through its revolutionary, highly flexible approach for creating controllable and dispatchable energy resources. It unobtrusively captures and aggregates available customer loads, energy storage and renewable energy sources to form a network of continuously controlled energy resources. The platform dynamically optimizes and dispatches these resources to respond to the real-time needs of the power system – all without impacting customer operations. . For more information, visit http://www.enbala.com or follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Enbala
WHY JOIN ENBALA?
- Highly competitive salary package, commensurate with your skills and experience
- Highly autonomous role;
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance
- Become a key contributor to Enbala's mission to making the world's power grids greener and more reliable
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Enbala Power Networks is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. Our products are leading the charge to a sustainable energy future by enabling global power grid operators to increase their usage of renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in the software industry
- You have shipped a production service in Elixir
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- You write clean code with well-reasoned decisions and tradeoffs
- You are a self-motivated problem solver and require minimal direction
- You believe in the necessity of testing
- You care about your work with strong attention to detail
- You are a strong communicator and capable of working with many diverse stakeholders
- You are excited to learn from a team with a diverse set of skills, as well as challenge team members to help them learn and grow
- You enjoy working in highly collaborative environments
- You are willing to iterate through solutions
- You are excited to work in complex domains
- You are excited to lead other talented engineering professionals
Technologies we use
We have a platform written in Elixir/Elm. You do not need to have experience with all of these technologies and practices, but candidates who most closely match our stack will be preferred, in order of importance:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Add new capacities to our Elixir based real-time control platform
- Develop a user-friendly interface using Elm
- Work with a third-party company to build an integration that imports real-time data into Enbala’s platform
- Debug unexpected behavior on a system you have little familiarity with
- Own and be responsible for one or more features or areas of our Product Platforms; you enjoy being the driver of innovation and excel in serving in these types of prominent positions.
- Provide leadership at all levels (from team to organizational) within the engineering team and enjoy the opportunity to positively impact the team, guiding them towards adoption of sustainable software patterns and processes
- Participation in our Architecture Council ceremonies, taking an active role in making technical decisions and establishing technical direction of the team’s work.
- Collaborate with Enbala Product Owners in the definition of work via finely crafted stories that are culled from our epic-level feature requests. Following the elaboration of the epics into stories; the successful candidate would then participate in the presentation of those stories to the team via grooming and planning sessions.
- Participate within the SCRUM process on their project team as a team member that is setting the pace for the rest of the team in the way they approach each day.
- Provide feedback for Enbala Engineering Management as a team member that is interested in the direction of the teams, their composition and the working agreements that the team members operate within.
Generac Grid Services is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role based in Denver, Colorado is $89,000 - $170,000. This compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including short term incentives
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Enbala is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.