(Senior) Data Analyst, Product
Trove · Brisbane, CA/Remote (USA)
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Levi's and lululemon.
About the Data Analyst, Product role
In this senior role, you will work side by side with our product management, design, and research teams to improve our product. Our product team is designing and building products to enable retail circularity and will rely upon your insights to increase the impact of their work. You will leverage your analytical background and experience with experimentation and behavioral tracking to improve our performance measurement and identify the highest-leverage opportunities for the product team. This position reports to the Director of Analytics, will have a close working relationship with the leaders of the Product team, and will be exposed to senior leadership frequently.
- Work directly with functional leaders in Product team as a trusted partner on strategically important projects to guide decision-making and inspire action
- Proactively identify and build business cases for areas of focus and prioritization
- Work with large datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics and present compelling narratives to explain results to executives
- Be a thought leader for the Product team on how to implement A/B testing, identify hypotheses and KPIs for a new feature up front, and how to measure impact of changes
- Ensure ongoing support and maintenance of reporting systems and develop creative solutions to business problems and workflows
Projects might include…
- Consult with Product team on how to design an A/B test to measure the impact of a new feature; follow the feature launch with analysis on impact
- Measure the usage of an existing feature and communicate actionable insights to the Product team on how to test improvements to the feature
- Partner with a cross-functional team to understand how to predict and then measure the impact of a new experimental supply-generation program
- Empower the Product team to access data independently by training them on Trove’s data, self-service tools, and analytical methodologies
As for necessities...
- It makes you happy to explore data, uncover insights, understand their implications, and communicate them to the teams who can take action on your discoveries
- You love understanding how users react to a product, and leveraging data to understand what works and what doesn’t
- Experience framing business questions with data and translating business needs into actionable data deliverables - processes, analyses, reports, and datasets
- Track record of communicating complex analyses to a general audience and tell a compelling data-driven story
- Experience working collaboratively to prioritize your workload, but bringing a strong data-informed point of view
- A strong statistical foundation and experience with statistical analyses and experimentation (A/B testing, causal inference, etc…)
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience building datasets (ETL methods) and using statistical programming languages (pandas, R, etc...)
- Collaborative mindset and a strong preference for working with many different teams
Bonus points if you...
- Are familiar with our stack: Redshift, dbt, Looker
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.