Bloomerang · Indianapolis, IN
About the job
- Are you a passionate and curious go-getter that wants the opportunity to make an impact in a high-growth and fast-paced SaaS company?
- Are you excited about helping nonprofits reach, engage and retain the donors they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world?
- Does your company have a philanthropic mascot (Blossom the Orangutan) that oversees their 97% customer retention rate and stellar NPS scores?
If you answered yes to those first few questions then you may be just what we are looking for in our next DevOps Engineer working on the Kindful product.
- Through acquisition, Kindful and Bloomerang have joined forces in supporting tens of thousands of non profit professionals globally. Our stand-out team of 200+ employees believes in the value of life with a mission, and they take great pleasure in helping passionate charities make smart decisions that help them reach out, grow, and thrive through easy-to-use software. Together, we’ve created the highest-rated fundraising/donor CRM platform on the market and we are excited for the opportunity to add folks like yourself to our best-in-class culture.
- In this role, you'll work collaboratively with the software engineering team to deploy and operate our systems. You’ll spearhead the effort to automate and streamline our processes. You’ll build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and you’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Daily monitoring of systems, identifying issues related to the performance and scalability of software processes and either resolving issues or creating tasks for other team members to debug / resolve.
- Spearhead the effort to automate repetitive tasks related to server health and performance, first and third party integrations, and the production environment.
- Upgrading, patching, and failing over database servers.
- Maintaining and spinning up application servers.
- Monitoring SQL queries for unacceptable slowness, testing index changes
- Tuning applications for high performance.
- Monitor for and identify potential security vulnerabilities.
- Creating, documenting, and testing failover plans and emergency readiness scenarios.
- Identify and escalate/communicate areas of risk before deployments.
- Improve, document and maintain the process for deploying software.
- Create and maintain tools deploying software.
- Perform software deployments in collaboration with other team members.
- Maintain a log of system outages, reasons, and resolutions.
What Does It Take
- Excellent diagnostic/troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- The ability to think critically, creatively, and logically.
- Curiosity, patience, determination and focus.
- The ability to collaborate well with other engineers, developers, quality assurance and management, and to communicate diplomatically & effectively.
- An ability to perform at a high level under intense pressure.
- Effective time management, organization skills, and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing projects and tasks.
- An inclination to drive your own success; you are a self-starter who takes pride in your work and is motivated to “always be learning”.
- A love for Linux and scripting languages, ideally Ruby/Bash.
- An understanding of issues related to data privacy and security.
- Experience with our tech and tools: Redis, Sidekiq, Google Cloud Platform, Ruby, Elixir, PostgreSQL, LMDB, NSQ, Docker, New Relic, Honeybadger, Git and Jira. Barring GCP experience, you should have experience with cloud computing.
- A working knowledge of using automated tests and continuous integration in a software development environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) With Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Gym
- Generous PTO Allotment
- Swanky HQ With Every 90’s Game System, & Bike Trail Passes
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Company Bonus Plan
This is a full-time, permanent position, either fully remote or based in our Indianapolis or Nashville HQ. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
We are currently registered to employ in the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington
Applicants with disabilities may contact [email protected] to request accommodation in completing an employment application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Bloomerang does not accept agency resumes.