Software Engineer, Core Systems
Palmetto Clean Technology · Remote (USA)
About the job
Palmetto is a VC-backed, high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage, and retirement plans. Our #1 Value is Customer Experience and we pride ourselves on over-delivering. To learn more about our services visit Palmetto.com.
Palmetto is a clean technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission is “Leading the world to a clean energy future.”
Palmetto is very proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are looking for a great Software Engineer who is proficient with the MERN stack (MongoDb, Express, React.js, Node.js). You will be an integral part of a multi-dimensional team responsible for the full software development life cycle of our Communications Platform (Twilio Flex). As a full-stack developer, you need to be comfortable with both front-end and back-end programming languages, frameworks, and available libraries.
- Design both client-side and server-side architectures with a focus on the server-side system and API layer.
- Develop and manage well functioning applications and databases
- Write comprehensive unit tests to verify functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications that are mobile responsive
- Work with the product owners and the development team to create well-crafted software
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience.
- Professional experience with Node.js.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL) 3+years of relevant working experience using the above technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It’d be nice if you had …
- Professional experience in an IT support role.
- Experience with ES6+ language features
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Professional experience in React and isomorphic React is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with at least one common development tool such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with agile development practices (e.g. SCRUM), TDD, and pair-programming
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Palmetto is leading our world toward a clean energy future with revolutionary technology, full turnkey sales services, industry-leading logistics, thousands of solar panel installations and an endless passion for all things sustainable. We’ve structured, financed and developed clean energy projects across 4 continents and 22 countries, and we’re not stopping anytime soon. We are a high growth company with a promote-from-within culture. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage.