Software Engineer, UX Infrastructure
Color · Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 2 months ago
User Experience Design (UX)
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
Color’s UX Infrastructure team builds and integrates foundational technology that power amazing healthcare user experiences, and incredible internal experiences for engineers and designers. UX Infra brings best-in-class localization, accessibility, content management, design systems and web components to bear, enabling our other engineering teams to create and deliver products that are intuitive and accessible for our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- You’re passionate about using software and technology to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- You have experience with modern web stacks.
- You have 2+ years of industry experience as a full-stack or front-end software engineer (or equivalent role).
- You maintain a high bar for quality of code and avoid unnecessary duplication and awkward workarounds. You're passionate about rigorous engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- You effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions using code reviews, docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- You enjoy working cross functionally with members of Content and Design in order to improve workflows which impact and benefit all Product Engineering.
Nice to Have:
- You’re productive in one or several items from our technology stack including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
- You have experience implementing accessible experiences and with accessibility testing.
- You have experience creating shared component libraries.
- You have experience implementing localized solutions which support multiple locales.
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Developing and supporting internationalization and localization strategies which can be easily integrated into a variety of projects
- Creating shared components in order to improve consistency and accessibility across projects
- Improving the accessibility of external facing workflows in order to provide exceptional experiences to people of all capabilities
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.