Product Manager, Consumer Products
Nexamp · Boston, MA
Do you want to be part of the solar revolution that is transforming the energy landscape? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is leading the way into new markets sound exciting to you? Come join us as we take on new challenges and help build a better tomorrow. Our mission is clear: to reshape the energy landscape, delivering value to our clients and partners while benefiting our communities and society at large. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
As a Product Manager on Nexamp’s Research and Innovation team, you will work with engineers, designers, and stakeholders across the organization to build consumer-focused software products from the ground up. Traditionally a solar developer and solar energy producer, this marks an exciting new direction for Nexamp that capitalizes on our existing customer base and strong market position.
The Research and Innovation team is responsible for the creation of entirely new B2C software products focused on energy use, sustainability, and climate change. You will build MVPs of products that are intended for both our existing base of individual consumers and entirely new consumer segments, test them for product market fit, iterate until we find that fit, and then scale them before integrating them into Nexamp’s core business or establishing them as their own business units.
This role is ideal for someone who is inclined towards innovation, who wants ownership over a product, who isn’t scared off by the ambiguity that’s inherent to an iterative development process – and who wants their work to have a positive impact on society and the climate.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with the rest of the Research and Innovation team, as well as others across the company, to identify market opportunities and products that may address those markets.
- Develop theses about customer needs, and conduct market research and user interviews to validate those theses.
- Define features, create user stories leading to the development of those features, and work with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to refine those stories.
- Plan sprints and own execution on the product plan.
- Establish success criteria for the features and products that your team builds, measure those criteria on an ongoing basis, and iterate to meet the goals of the business.
- 2-4 years as a Product Manager (or equivalent) for consumer-focused software products.
- Understanding of agile and iterative development processes, whether formal (eg, Scrum) or informal.
- Demonstrated ability to weigh competing priorities, understand the tradeoffs involved in each, and to make decisions about where to invest limited resources.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to work collaboratively.
- Prior experience working with both in-house and outside development teams and designers is preferred.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office and online yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.