UX Researcher II
Renaissance · Remote (USA)
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The UX Researcher brings this mission to life by building empathy for students and educators throughout the product lifecycle. The Researcher will work closely with UX Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers, and Engineers to discover opportunities for future products and test designs for product optimization. Teams will rely on the UX Researcher to translate research insights into powerful stories that influences the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will:
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies for generating needed insights at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Begin to act as a strategic thought partner by leading, planning, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects. This includes in-person moderated testing, remote moderated and un-moderated testing, surveys, card sorts, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, and ethnographies.
- Deliver findings to the team with a compelling, influential story and identifying key opportunities that helps advise product decisions.
For this role, you must have:
- Degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology, or related field.
- Four years demonstrable experience practicing UX research.
- Experience working in an Agile environment or prioritizing multiple projects, teams and/or clients.
- Experience telling compelling stories from data.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the education field
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience conducting user research with children
Salary Range: $79,800 – $114,800
- This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!