Tidepool · Remote (USA)
As a Product Designer, you will ideate, sketch, prototype, test, and iterate to high fidelity UI designs for both mobile and web platforms. Product designers partner with cross-functional teams including Product, UX Research, Human Factors, Engineering, Data Science, and Training.
- Design the interfaces of Tidepool's web and mobile products
- Design clear and consistent user experiences across those platforms
- Visualize possible features and products in collaboration with partner companies
- Apply user-centered design processes to solve data-driven problems
- Communicate design intent to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to iterate on concept prototypes and production software
- Facilitate Human Factors testing and participate/lead discovery research and user interviews as needed
- Incorporate findings from interviews and user tests in order to delight and empower our users
- Facilitate design review meetings and workshops exploring new features and concepts
- Participate in design and product planning, design studios, jam sessions, and when requested, intern recruitment and hiring
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and standups
- Implement, maintain and evolve Tidepool Design Systems and visual language
- Shape company narratives through decks, presentations, and publications
Who You Are:
- You thrive on solving complex design challenges and bringing clarity to ambiguity
- You look for ways to push the envelope, paving new paths to accomplish goals
- You move easily from envisioning far future possibilities to the concrete steps required to realize that vision through incremental and iterative designs
- Mission-driven, passionate about the impact of Tidepool’s work in the open-source software space and diabetes industry
- A BA/BS or higher degree in design, user experience, human-computer interaction, visual arts, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of product design experience with user experience and visual design
- A portfolio you can share and discuss that demonstrates your design practice and strong UI (high fidelity) design background
- Proficiency with modern design and prototyping software/tools (like Figma)
- Experience in design best practices, including a deep understanding of mobile and responsive web technologies
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, including usability and accessibility
- Strong knowledge of visual design fundamentals including layout, color, and typography
- Experience with one or more of the following: user research, prototyping, Human Factors engineering, data visualization
- Experience building, creating and maintaining design systems
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- A fearless and focused approach to task execution
- Appreciate a fast-paced work environment with competing priorities and high demands
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and internal teams
- A dedication to learning
- Experience designing healthcare products or regulated medical devices/device software
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for the position is $95,000-$144,000.
Benefits include: - Entirely remote work environment - Unlimited PTO - Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage - Flexible work schedule - Wellness and Productivity stipend - Continuing Education Reimbursement - Other benefits
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We ask that you empathize with chronic conditions and are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position – you’ll be working from home and interacting with a team that works currently in 13 states and 4 countries. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity at tidepool.org.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Please apply here.