Senior Software Engineer
Healthwise · Remote, USA or Boise, ID
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for providing vision, guidance, and technical expertise as part of the development of Healthwise systems and software. This individual will provide technical leadership to engineers, and will work with a team of developers, product managers, clients, administrators, and testers to develop systems for Healthwise. This individual will drive for results delivering quality software within budgeted time. The Senior Software Engineer will demonstrate a drive for innovation staying apprised of emerging technologies and work to integrate these innovations into Healthwise products and into the practices of the development team company-wide.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Interacts with other departments and internal users as part of development of the Healthwise software and systems.
- Depending on experience serves as architectural lead; lead development of new or revised electronic products and systems.
- Provides leadership and direction to engineers developing tools and processes to improve continuous integration and automated testing at Healthwise.
- Envisions innovative designs for complex software systems; Contributes to developing effective processes and best practices.
- Works with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews.
- Participates in pair programming, technical design reviews, and code reviews.
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Contributes to development of company objectives and principles and achieves goals in creative and effective ways.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience and at least 7 years in a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in web development, preferably including the .Net stack
- 5+ years’ experience developing automation and tools to facilitate continuous integration of software development efforts.
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
DEMONSTRATE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expert working knowledge and understanding of application development with micro services.
- Expert level experience building RESTful services on a variety of platforms, .Net preferred.
- Experience configuring, provisioning, and hosting applications in cloud computing environments (Azure preferred).
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools, methodologies, and unit testing frameworks for the front end and the back end.
- Ability to define software requirements, identify technical gaps and risks.
- Extensive experience creating software development estimates.
- Experience developing continuous integration/deployment schemes using tools like DevOps, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, GoCD, Webpack, or others.
- Expert experience working with source control systems (Git strongly preferred).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to organize, and to coordinate a high volume of information.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills with the ability to develop specifications.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the business and strategic impact of technical decisions.
- Ability to interact with people, inside and outside the team, in order to see a project to completion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform theessential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Healthwise is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request through one of the methods listed below:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Bogus Basin Road
Boise, ID 83702