Running Tide · Portland, OR
EnvironmentPosted 1 month ago
Google Cloud Platform
Oceans represent two-thirds of the Earth’s surface and have an understated role to play in the future of our life on Earth. Coastlines that were once abundant ecosystems and thriving communities are facing ecologic and economic collapse. At Running Tide, we have experienced this firsthand, and we know the problem won't solve itself. That’s why we are building technologies to accelerate and scale the most impactful restorative processes naturally at work in the ocean. We are building a climate positive future by harnessing the power of the ocean.
You’ll have the opportunity to build software in a fast paced environment onto devices deployed in a harsh environment. You’ll be building software that runs on equipment used every day and is vital to the success of the company. One day you’ll be heads down writing code and the next you’ll be out on a boat validating your code works and training the team how to use the software. If the idea of being given a task and being told to figure out how to solve it and launch it asap excites you, then we are a perfect fit. This position requires being onsite for testing your code, local applicants only please.
- Build system for automating oyster handling process
- Collect oyster growth data and environmental sensors to be delivered to cloud platform
- Work with large data sets in Google Cloud Platform
- Build web frontend modules for displaying and showcasing data
- Make unit tests to validate the functionality of your code
- Ability to jump between many programming languages and context
- Desire to fight climate change
- Expert in NodeJs and/or Python
- Strong background in PSQL
- Strong OO Experience
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like GCP
Nice To Haves
- TensorFlow experience
Our teams operate with utmost persistence. We are tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems, and we are unwavering in our motivation to find a solution. At our core, we are innovators driven to do "more good" rather than "less bad" in the world.
Running Tide is committed to building a diverse team, bringing as many possible perspectives to bear on the unprecedented challenges facing our planet. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds can come to do their best work.