Curative · San Dimas, CA/Remote (USA)
About the job
We are looking for a talented data engineer to join our data science team and to accelerate the adoption of data across our organization by improving the data pipelines that power our business. At Curative we make decisions quickly based on near-real time data from a wide range of sources. Ensuring data integrity, freshness and richness is incredibly important to the success of the company. Improvements in our data infrastructure may lead to better decision making across the organization.
This person will improve data workflows for our cross functional data team of data scientists, data analysts, and business analysts. Our team’s technology stack currently includes AWS Redshift, Postgres, FiveTran, Prefect, Metabase, MLflow, and Jupyter Notebooks. Our data team is remote first, but we have offices in Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Austin, TX.
- Work with software, data and infrastructure engineers and analysts to build out our data pipeline.
- Develop ETLs/processes to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Manage and improve, in collaboration our security team, the security of the data.
- Monitor and improve the performance of our data systems.
- Design and implement new components in our ever-growing data warehouse.
- Ensure best practices and standards are shared across teams.
- Maintain standards for data transfers and data ingestion from external sources.
- Write background jobs, perform code review and write documentation.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, etc.
- Mastery of SQL relational databases.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL concepts, data management, and data governance.
- Experience with Python, SQL, and databases.
- CI/CD development experience.
- Knowledge of Unix command-line/shell and git.
- Experience with data workflows, or backend engineering.
- Experience working with Big Data systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Prefect, S3, and AWS infrastructure
- Python “big data” (e.g., Spark or Dask)
- Expertise using Spark, Hadoop or similar.
- Masters or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, statistics or a related field.
Curative is a leader in on-demand public health service programs and healthcare delivery infrastructure. From rapid, mass COVID-19 testing sites to mobile vaccination sites, Curative partners with communities to strengthen public health services with turn-key programs, easy-to-access experiences, and scalable infrastructure, keeping people everywhere safe, healthy, and informed.
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative began focusing on COVID-19 testing in early March 2020 upon realizing the urgent need to scale COVID-19 test production in the United States. With a network of over 15,000 sites across over 20 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories, Curative and its managed medical entities have provided millions of COVID-19 tests and COVID-19 vaccines.
Beyond COVID-19, Curative is using its unique healthcare delivery expertise to reimagine the way we deliver and experience healthcare in America. We're working on creating an entirely new, vertically integrated healthcare offering that will improve individual and community health while utilizing society's limited healthcare resources more effectively and efficiently. For more details on Curative, please visit curative.com and follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
At Curative, your safety is our priority. Our working environments comply with current CDC recommendations.
As a company that focuses on ending the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a responsibility to ensure the safety of our staff and communities. We require that all Curative employees and third-party contractors show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 within two weeks of their start date.
Curative Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please contact us with any questions or comments about your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices at: [email protected] or by writing us at:
Curative attn Privacy officer
430 S Cataract Ave
San Dimas, CA 91773