Full Stack Software Engineer, Search & Pricing Team
Castlight Health · Remote (USA)
Do you want to have a direct positive impact on how people experience healthcare? Castlight’s mission is to help people navigate the complexities of the US healthcare system and as a Full-Stack Software Engineer on Castlight’s Search & Pricing Team, you will build the microservices and user interface that empower our users to connect with preferred providers.
This includes contributing to our existing microservices, building new microservices out, designing and developing the APIs ingested in the front-end, and building new front-end features.
Throughout all of this you will be collaborating with other engineers on the team, data scientists, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders, and help ideate and prioritize what we build next.
Our team takes continuous improvement and innovation seriously and we are always seeking ways to improve our practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver an incredible experience for Castlight
- Design and construct across the full stack: from back-end microservices to front-end components
- Write well-tested, scalable, highly available, and maintainable code and collaborate with engineers across the organization to improve our processes
- Contribute in ideation sessions and product discussions, own new initiatives, and champion them through to completion
- Interact cross-functionally with other teams at Castlight, UX designers, researchers, and leadership to help solve complex problems that plague our members
- Implement new experiments to quickly test ideas with less effort in a data-driven manner before we fully commit to incorporating them in the product
- Learn, use, and help decide the future of our tech stack, which currently includes Angular, Java, Elastic Search, Python, SQL and much more!
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of engineering experience, preferably including java back-end experience and some front-end experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as git, code review, testing, maintainability, etc.
- Interest in working with other team members including other developers, data scientists, user experience designers, product managers, etc.
- Ability and interest in working with at least some remote team members
**Although the San Francisco Bay or Salt Lake City areas would be ideal, qualified remote candidates are encouraged to apply! **
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.