Sr. UX Researcher
The Mom Project · Remote (USA)
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our growing team who is passionate about putting users at the heart of what they do every day. You’ll work collaboratively and iteratively with design, product and engineering to uncover user insights, pain points and opportunities that will inspire high-quality user experiences that solve for users’ core needs.
You’ll drive foundational and evaluative research with empathy to create full understandings of our users that will influence product and UX strategy. You’ll create personas, journey maps and other deliverables that enable our teams to put the user first. You’ll have a deep understanding of and know when to leverage a variety of research methods and best practices. You’ll provide research mentorship for others and proactively share expertise and knowledge as well as be a part of further strengthening our UX culture.
- Collaborate with designers, product, and engineers to create intuitive and highly creative experiences for our users
- Conduct a range of end-to-end research efforts, including discovery, concept testing, usability testing, surveys, etc
- Recruit and schedule users for interviews
- Work with the team to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proactively determine the right questions to ask to understand user behaviors
- Synthesize and analyze data to provide clear findings and recommendations
- Communicate results and recommendations in compelling and actionable ways that help the team deepen their understanding of our users and the problem space
- Facilitate design thinking workshops and activities with cross-functional team members
- Create artifacts such as personas, journey maps, and more
The skills and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of UX research experience with success working with product and design teams
- Deep understanding of research methods, both qualitative and quantitative
- Experience in driving broad research efforts that touch multiple teams
- Experience applying mixed methods research methodologies in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability of influencing the user experience and product strategy through clear and compelling storytelling
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops with cross-functional stakeholders
- Great at presenting your work and communicating your design decisions to the team
- Great at giving and receiving feedback to support and improve your work as well as the work of your colleagues
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Nubundle Family Planning Concierge
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....