Principal Growth Product, Home Improvement
Mosaic · Remote (USA)
Who we are
Mosaic makes the modern home possible by providing financing to homeowners for home improvement projects, including generating and storing their own solar energy as well as other energy-efficient upgrades. Mosaic empowers solar and home improvement professionals to deliver financing through a simple point-of-sale app creating a hassle-free and positive experience for both the contractor and homeowner. Since 2012, Mosaic has originated more than $5 billion in loans across the US. Come join our team and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Principal Growth Product Manager, Home Improvement
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our team and drive the product growth strategy for our home improvement business line. Your success is measured by growth of our active home improvement contractor network and home improvement originations. Your domain includes the end-to-end funnel from acquisition, to retention, to expansion; and across all home improvement customer segments and software and customer experiences. You are at the intersection of product management and product marketing; you will be partnering with both teams to focus on product-market fit, pricing strategy, and user experience to optimize conversion. You are well versed in a home improvement vertical(s) and are continually assessing new growth opportunities through partnerships, new features, pricing changes, etc. You love thinking through problems big and small - from a quick process improvement to improve pull-through to rethinking a business model for a new segment of the home improvement market. You are respected for bringing teams together, inspiring people to do their best work, and accomplishing goals in a matrixed organization.
We’re looking for a product manager who is/has..
- A scientific mindset. Idea, test, measure, learn, repeat. You approach your work with an analytical mindset and consistently seek information and answers that help shape your knowledge and drive home improvement business line growth. You are continuously curious and there is nothing that excites you more than tracking impact from ideas you/your team came up with. However, you fall in love with problems, not solutions, and you treat failure as critical for sustainable growth. You have a strong data-backed perspective on building durable competitive advantage and also know how/when to pivot based on data, customer insights, or market factors - you guide your cross-functional team to do the same.
- Creative, yet structured. You are creative in your problem solving and often come up with the win-win-wins. You come up with ideas (big and small) and are also skilled in prioritizing, executing, and launching these ideas. You have project management skill sets and believe ideas are only as valuable as their execution.
- Passionate about home improvement lending. You come with deep experience in a home improvement vertical(s) - HVAC, windows/doors, roofing, etc. You understand the market, sales process, business models, and people involved and you are passionate about bringing this experience to Mosaic. You put this home improvement customer at the center of your innovation and decision making. Although you come with experience, you recognize you can always lean more about your core verticals as well as new ones.
- Respected Cross Functional Leader. Cross functional team members of all levels love to collaborate with you as you get things done and add value to Mosaic. Your primary collaborators are best-in-class product managers, marketers, sales leaders, and data team members. You build consensus and are a great listener, but can also drive hard decisions. You set the pace and are self-driven to push for more. You are accountable for misses and also acknowledge your team for the wins. You take blame and pass the praise. People love working with you. You value others for the unique perspectives and skill sets they bring, and have a ‘superpower’ at bringing these people together to create the best outcomes.
- Support the GM in defining and executing business growth strategies; significant ownership of workstreams impacting overall company OKRs
- Lead and execute the home improvement product plan by working with cross-functional teams across Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Business Development and other teams. You are experienced working in a matrixed organization; you will not have a direct team to start and you are effective at rallying cross-functional team members for your charter
- Market-facing by actively participating/leading in customer meetings and new customer acquisition efforts
- Appropriately size, analyze, and prioritize opportunities, articulating actionable recommendations that drive business impact, while proactively identifying roadblocks and suggesting alternative solutions
- Partner with the GM and other cross-functional team members on pricing strategy for our home improvement financial products; use your understanding of the market and customer to contribute to the innovation of new financial product offerings
- Champion the continuous understanding and improvement of the home improvement customer journey map for both partnered contractors and borrowers
- Define, measure, and interpret key success metrics for the home improvement products; work with Data Analytics to publish reports that help the full working team to build unified understanding and strategy based on data
- Develop expertise of our customers, sales channels, competitive landscape, and offering to create strategies for driving acquisition, conversion & retention
- Participate in customer research efforts in partnership with marketing and sales; turn these research findings into insights and action
- Partner with Product Managers to build products and experiences that unlock the retention and expansion of home improvement customers
- Partner with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy for our home improvement products and features; unlocking more value from our home improvement product offerings with your strategies
- Communicate regular updates to senior leadership and cross functional teams through ongoing forecasting, reporting and root cause analyses
What you bring to the team
- 7-10+ years of driving growth in B2B or B2B2C product companies through product roles
- Experience working in the home improvement industry:
- Contractor, distributor, finance provider and/or SaaS
- Windows, HVAC, Roofing and/or Siding, etc.
- Knowledge of consumer finance products and pricing strategies; ability to partner with pricing analysts and finance to create and execute pricing initiatives
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to drive product strategies grounded in data; effective in partnering with data analysts to drive reporting
- Successful track record of leading the full product lifecycle from idea through launch
- Shipped creative and highly successful self-serve products in B2B, B2B2C, or fintech space; involved in end-to-end product process from conceptualizing, building, shipping and scaling products.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with marketing and creative teams
- Work with joy and drive for excellence, which are two important cultural values of the Product team
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.