Director of User Experience and Design
Aunt Bertha, a Public Benefit Corp. · Austin, TX
Design + UX
Health & Well-Being
Partners & AdvocatesPosted 1 month ago
User Experience Design (UX)
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Director of User Experience and Design will lead a small cross-functional UX design team poised to create radical leaps in connecting to services. They will define and lead the refinement of the experience of finding help and connecting to services. This position will leverage Aunt Bertha’s insights and data to create impactful innovations in the search and connection experience.
- Scope, scale, frame, and deliver in ambiguous spaces where we encourage experimentation and failing forward in collaborative environments.
- Serve as a champion for design thinking and a human-centered, entrepreneurial approach within our teams.
- Shape, lead, and/or coach compelling engagements that benefit our end-users, Aunt Bertha, our customers and society as a whole.
- Work closely with stakeholders from all Aunt Bertha’s departments (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Marketing) to define needs.
- Report to VP of Product, working with the Senior Leadership Team to create a vision and build a roadmap to achieve it.
- Continually keep abreast of emerging and best-in-class design systems and maintain a high-level understanding of the capabilities of our platform.
- Actively participate in creating, testing, and sharing new and better tools, methods and processes for conducting collaborative programs, and find ways to multiply the value of the insights gained from every engagement.
Experience You'll Bring
- Deep understanding of Design Systems.
- 5+ years of experience designing and launching products with seamless customer experiences in complex, fast-paced environments.
- 3+ years of shipping B2B technology products.
- Experience managing a design team for a technology product.
- Your portfolio demonstrates a relentless focus on the user, a keen eye for detail, and an understanding of how to measure success from a business and customer perspective.
- A track record of setting, communicating and shipping a transformative product vision.
- Extensive experience using AB testing data as well as generative and evaluative UX research to drive design decisions.
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with partners across disciplines including Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline a plus, or equivalent experience.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.