Geospatial Data Engineer
Pachama · Remote (USA)
EnvironmentPosted 2 days ago
Our Verification team is looking for a senior data engineer to be responsible for laying the critical infrastructure for our mission to map and monitor the planet's forests. Verification covers everything from data ingestion, storage, indexing, transformations, training, inference, graphics, and tools. Each necessary to produce high-accuracy project evaluations and monitoring.
You'll be working alongside a team of sustainability experts, forest scientists, machine learning experts, designers, and customers to understand stakeholder needs and deliver high-quality, scalable products. The systems you build will underpin the core technology of the company, creating the heartbeat by which our business operates at. You will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of data ingestion, indexing, and storage for our researchers and engineers. You will design and implement the workflows responsible for ingesting large amount of raster and vector geospatial data for efficient access and processing.
We're looking for engineers who find joy in the craft of building and want to make an impact. Engineers who push forward initiatives by asking great questions, cutting through ambiguity, and organizing to win. Engineers who are relentlessly detail-oriented, methodical in their approach to understanding trade-offs, place the highest emphasis on building, and building quickly.
- build new data sources for geospatial information such as satellite imagery, LiDAR, radar, and field plots,
- implement cutting edge pre-processing algorithms for sensor data to produce quality features for ML,
- developing tools and infrastructure to increase iteration time and improve developer experience,
- designing infrastructure to accelerate research and experimentation,
- developing plans for cross-team initiatives related to infrastructure and delivering on them.
We are looking for strengths with:
- building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems that process large amounts of data
- working with ML models in production systems,
- algorithms and data structures, domain-driven design, and event-based microservices.
- handling batch and event data for geospatial data and machine learning systems.
We expect you to:
- learn fast and be humble.
- own solutions end-to-end.
- take part in strategic thinking and take apart problems.
- ship high-quality software.
- communicate well and document better.
- have fun.