Software Engineering Teaching Assistant Internship (Part Time)
CodePlatoon · Remote (USA)
About the job
Are you a Computer Science (or related field) major? Want to learn to build real web apps, instead of just learning theory? Interested in tech education? Want to be involved with a nonprofit that trains Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers?
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp that strictly serves the military community. Our award winning, 28-week Evening and Weekend program is designed to train deeply interested beginners and prepare them for careers in software development.
We are looking for a major in Computer Science, rising sophomore or higher to be a teaching assistant (TA) during one of our winter 2022 (January - June) session. We do not expect the TA to know the material beforehand, but do expect that they will spend enough time preparing ahead of time so that when the material is presented to the class, the TA will be able to be an ‘advanced beginner’. Aside from learning the material, the TA’s primary responsibility will be to assist students with their coding assignments during the rest of the day.
You will learn to build enterprise grade apps using the Django and React.js frameworks.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring software developer to learn real-world coding skills, as our program prepares students to go directly into the job market as software developers.
The TA will essentially get a $16,000 education (cost of the program) for free. A side benefit for the TA will be access to our extensive software developer community.
- Attend Code Platoon on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6-9:30pm and Saturday from 8am-5pm,
- January 3, 2022 – June 24 2022 (Winter)
- Interns are expected to be available for most of the dates listed above.
- Help our students with their assignments
- At least two classes in software development, including Object Orientation and Data Structures
- Deep interest to learn real-world coding skills
- Strong communication skills
About Code Platoon
Code Platoon is a nonprofit Coding Bootcamp with a mission to train Veterans and military spouses to become professional software developers through a hands-on, immersive learning approach. Founded in 2016, Code Platoon has graduated over 120 Veterans and spouses.
Graduates benefit from a robust internship program, where many of our in-person graduates are placed directly into 3-6 month paid internships, typically leading to Full-time jobs in the field.
Job Type: Full-time internship
- Internship Dates: January 3, 2022 – June 24 2022 (Winter)
2) Once complete, email [email protected], let us know that you completed the coding challenges, and let us know that you are applying for the Evening and Weekend Winter session. Please attach a resume.
3) We will contact you.