Senior Analytics Engineer
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia · Philadelphia, PA/Remote
The analytics engineer acts as a bridge between a data engineer and a data analyst. This position is primarily responsible for modeling raw data sets into curated, reusable, trusted data sets which power analytics across the enterprise. These data sets will serve as the single source of truth for data and enable self-service analytics. In addition to the development of data models, this role is responsible for maintaining data quality within these data sets via the use of monitoring, testing, and automation. An additional component of the role is to improve the effectiveness of data analysts and data scientists. This maybe via providing technical expertise in query development, extending data models via the addition of new metrics, and/or consulting on software development practices. The Analytics Engineer owns the entire workflow of data associated with their domain; data pipeline development, ELT performance, timely loading of data sets, and maintenance.
This role will work within various business units and partner with data analysts and data scientists to obtain a deep understanding of operational data and develop scalable data products which empower data-driven decision making across the enterprise.
The analytics engineer must be comfortable with mentorship and leading team development and skill development initiatives.
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts, data analysts, and data scientists to understand/identify the opportunities to develop well-defined, integrated, re-usable data sets which power analytics.
- Codify reusable data access patterns to speed up time to insights.
- Perform Logical and Physical data modeling with an agile mindset.
- Build automated, scalable, test-driven ELT pipelines.
- Utilize software development practices such as version control via Git, CI/CD, and release management
- Build data products using various visualization, BI tools and data science tools.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, DevOps engineers and architects on improvement opportunities for DataOps tools and frameworks.
- Implement data quality frameworks and data quality checks.
- Help define analytical product roadmap to drive the business goals and superior quality outcomes.
- Work with Data Scientists, Statisticians and Machine learning engineers to implement/scale advanced algorithms to solve health care, operational and quality challenges.
- Work independently and effectively manage ones time across multiple priorities and projects.
- Make recommendations about platform adoption, including technology integrations, application servers, libraries, and frameworks.
- Participate in a shared production on-call support model.
- Be a critical part of a scrum team in an agile environment, ensuring the team successfully meets its deliverables each sprint.
- Trains and mentors team members
- Develops a “trusted advisor” reputation through expertise in data and business processes.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
At least six (6) years of experience working in data and analytics landscape.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Preferred Experience: At least eight (8) years of experience working in Data and analytics landscape. One(1) year of experience working with at least one of the public cloud platforms such AWS/Azure/GCP.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Strong SQL, Data Modeling and Data Warehousing fundamentals.
- Experience of data integration tools: DBT, Informatica, MS Integration Services etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: IBM Streams, Flume, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with big data toolset: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, sqoop etc.
- Experience working at least one of the Business Intelligence (Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy etc.,) or visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI etc.,
- Good hands-on experience with Linux (RHEL/Debian) operating system
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- Ability to code with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, groovy etc.,
- Experience consuming and building APIs
- Experience utilizing Agile methodology for development
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146