Product Manager, Software
Apeel Sciences · Santa Barbara, CA/Remote (USA)
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 required, unless you qualify for a federally protected exemption.
About This Role
As a Product Manager for software products at Apeel, you will be responsible for successfully launching data-driven, cloud-based software solutions that optimize the cultivation of food and sustainability of our fresh food system.
This position is based in Santa Barbara, CA or Remote and will report to the VP, Software Product Management. We are looking for you to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and execute high-impact product launches around the globe, working closely with Sales and Marketing to develop product launch plans, press releases, marketing, sales, and training materials
- Partner with designers and the engineering teams to define product specifications, design solutions, and manage product development
- Develop a prioritization framework based on criteria the company and team value will help you make decisions and explain to others what and why your team is doing what they are doing.
- Collaborate with R&D, Engineering, Operations, Strategy, Sales, and Marketing to optimize product strategy, investment prioritization, product roadmap, and product positioning
- Execute upon competitive intelligence to identify and leverage market research that yields global insights in order to inform product strategy and contingency plans to respond to market changes
- Develop relationships that foster understanding of the "voice of the customer" to inform ongoing product decisions with customers, suppliers, partners, and industry analysts
What You Bring
- 8+ years of experience managing and launching new software products
- Ability to influence others and rally teammates behind a vision
- Excellent communicator that can articulate ideas to stakeholders at all levels
- An analytical mindset that understands the importance of tracking metrics, both individual and team goals to increase performance
- A deep understanding of how to best use process frameworks like scrum to help the team work efficiently and effectively while balancing this with the need to foster creativity and drive innovation
- Available for domestic and international travel at least 10% of the time
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency and can quickly prioritize when presented with a list of all ‘top priority’ situations
- And last but definitely not least, you are humble, love learning, take ownership, and are self-motivated
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.