Senior Software Engineer
Superconductive Health · Remote (USA)
About the role
This is an exciting time at Superconductive. We are building a SaaS product that helps teams adopt Great Expectations, a shared, open standard for data quality. The product provides a hosted solution with easy configuration and improved collaboration. With Great Expectations, teams can efficiently profile data, create and monitor data quality tests, and build shared dashboarding and monitoring capabilities for their organization’s data quality.
You will be expected to:
- Develop new features for Great Expectations and Great Expectations Cloud, following best practices for project management and writing clear, efficient code.
- Take initiative; proactively gather input from user feedback, your observations, and collaboration with colleagues to improve Great Expectations.
- Tackle bug fixes and user submitted github issues, as well as respond to and manage community PRs.
- Produce clear documentation of features for external users, both in code and for our docs site.
- Work as part of a small, remote team that is passionate about building great software.
- Work confidently in python, and interact with a variety of data systems and testing tools, improving the codebase to ensure it is clear and easily approachable for external collaborators.
As part of Superconductive, you will also have opportunities to support the community and evangelize Great Expectations through conference talks, workshops, and blog posts, if you’d like.
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Minimum five years work experience as a software engineer, including significant experience with data-centric systems, API development, and/or distributed architectures. More experienced candidates are also welcome to apply.
- Significant experience using python for development.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team.
- Passion for hands-on work, and building the team as well as the product.
- Robust grounding in principles of computer science and software design.
Strong candidates for this role will have already had experience with B2B SaaS development, including frequent server-side iteration and experimentation; frequent deployments to production; and rapid development cycles.
Great engineering is more than just technical proficiency. We expect everyone to bring good ideas and habits, so that they can contribute to a collective culture of best practices. The best candidate will:
- Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better.
- Have technology in your heart, and a passion for continuous learning.
- Communicate well—in writing, in person, and on Slack.
- Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.