Syndio · Austin, TX/New York, NY/Seattle, WA/Washington, DC/Remote
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with fair pay.
We are seeking a Mid-level Backend Engineer to work in a highly collaborative environment on our growing set of solutions.
About the role
We are looking for someone who’s excited to join the backend engineering team and collaborate on challenges at a fast-paced startup. You will join Syndio at a critical moment, as we invest in our growing engineering teams to evolve the platform to meet increasingly complex user needs. Customer success hinges on high-quality platform and application development. Your solid and dependable software engineering work for our flagship product, Syndio PayEQ, and subsequent products will have a meaningful impact on helping companies achieve fairness in the workplace.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design and develop small to mid-size features and services delivered to Syndio end users.
- Execute pragmatic and scalable solutions that will grow with our company.
- Work with the entire engineering organization (frontend, product, and site reliability) to ensure backend projects meet all team requirements.
- Focus on secure coding practices and maintainability to ensure new feature implementations fit the needs of a growing engineering organization.
- Contribute to and guide the engineering organization’s best practices.
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the customer journey. You will have shipped code to our production environment.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be part of a product team, collaborating and making significant contributions to the delivery of new features.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be collaborating with senior engineers on the design of a feature you will be the primary backend engineer on.
- Within 12 months, you’ll be launching new features that our customers are successfully using at scale.
- You are growing your technical leadership with the ability to propose solutions based on your experience and incorporating feedback from your team.
- You want to be an individual contributor, designing and implementing cutting-edge engineering approaches.
- You’re interested in enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development, and maintenance, with a strong focus on performance, reliability, and security.
- You excel in a collaborative environment, supported by a strong team of design and engineering resources.
- You are ready to work with teams across the organization to ensure the needs of our users are being met.
- You have good communication skills that enable you to interface with both technical and non-technical teams.
- You bring problem-solving and critical thinking skills to our dynamic startup environment.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- 3-5 years of experience, with an emphasis on scalable and maintainable cloud-based technology platforms
- Experience architecting cloud based applications (we use GCP)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis, Cloud PubSub, or similar solutions
- Strong knowledge of API architecture and experience building APIs
Helpful but not required
- B2B-focused solution and architecture design experience
- Experience with Python/Django and/or Go
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation. Syndio offers a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, health care (Medical, Dental and Vision), a 401(K) plan and many more benefits! We have a flexible PTO policy and encourage all employees to take time off - we all need it!
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.