Senior Backend Engineer
Aunt Bertha, a Public Benefit Corp. · Austin, TX/Remote
Health & Well-Being
Partners & Advocates
$100000 - $140000 Per YearPosted 1 month ago
Google Cloud Platform
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Our growing employee base needs driven and innovative senior developers with varied experience across multiple languages and frameworks. You have some technical leadership experience and informed opinions about topics ranging from coding patterns to career development.
If you choose to accept, your responsibilities will vary from strategic, such as partnering with a Product Manager and working on a cross-functional development team, to tactical. This will range from maintaining and improving our existing Python / React codebase as a hands-on contributor and code reviewer, which highlights the value of our architecture, tools, and processes.
- Integration Development Including
- Building and maintaining internal webhooks infrastructure, API portal Interfacing with external API services
- Build and Maintain Authentication Services Including
- SAML, OAuth2.0, Open-Id Connect, and SMART-on-FHIR, working as part of a scrum team, Drive quality, reliability and scalability through incremental architectural maturity
- Backend development
- API experience
- 6+ years applicable experience
- Problem solving and adaptability
- Every day is a new challenge. User roles change, software is updated and exploits are uncovered.
Strongly Preferred Qualities
- Broad range of technical competencies
- HL7, Security experience, OpenID Connect, FHIR, Hi-Trust, privacy experience, or SSI are all automatic interviews
The following is simply desired or a nice-to-have, but not a requirement:
- Full stack development, JS, Node, Python, GCP
- Any experience in healthcare tech or financial tech are both automatic bonuses as both industries require security auditing.
- Any experience with privacy, SSI.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.