Early State Deputy Data Director
Pete for America · Manchester, NH/Charleston, SC/Des Moines, IA/Las Vegas, NVData + Analytics Public Service & Civic Engagement Posted 1 month ago
Pete for America is building our data and analytics teams in states, and we need people who have experience working with data and organizing.
The campaign is run by a small, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of politician, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
This role will help our teams in states organize and strategize voter contact in a fully integrated and creative way. You will help us be smarter, more creative and efficient in our outreach to voters through every channel available. The data team is here to build analytical, research driven thinking into every layer of our campaign.
What you'll do:
- Take direction from the state data director on prioritizing tasks, improving processes, troubleshooting technical problems, and/or producing maps and reports to support a data-drive voter contact program.
- Assist in analyzing the campaign’s performance in every part of voter contact, from field to digital to SMS, and identify areas for growth.
- Help coordinate data across different tools used by the campaign to create a holistic view of voter outreach
- Take a human centered approach to data, and always remember that data is a tool to tell a story, understand narratives, and enable others to do their best work.
- Assist in administering voter contact and reporting tools (VAN, SMS tools, Mobilize America, etc).
You might be a good fit if you:
- Think creatively about data and are excited by the idea of developing new and different ways to engage voters through data
- Can listen to the goals and challenges of other team members and develop systems and processes to improve their work and help their programs come to life
- Understand that organizing and face-to-face conversations are how we win elections and can think creatively with what metrics we hold organizers accountable to and how we measure success
- Embed an evidence driven, research based approach into your decision making processes from day one
- Are organized and can execute under tight deadlines, while able to deal with shifting priorities and timelines
- Can take ownership of a project while frequently communicating problems and updates with the state data director
- Are comfortable working with all types of data and have experience with the voter file and voter data. We are looking for people with a strong background in SQL in particular, supplemented with R, GIS, and/or Python OR
- Have experience with VAN (creating MiniVAN campaigns and Virtual Phone Banks from start to finish, troubleshooting and escalating VAN issues, running Bulk Uploads, training users on Quick Lookup/MiniVAN/scheduling volunteers,etc.) and advanced Excel skills (vlookup or index/match, pivot tables, if statements, etc.)
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.