UrbanLeap · San Francisco, CAProject Management Public Service & Civic Engagement Partners & Advocates Posted 1 month ago
$90k – $140k • 0.1% – 0.4%
UrbanLeap is rewriting the way cities implement new technologies. In their quest to improve the life quality of residents, cities as diverse as Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Tel Aviv use our platform to identify solutions that fit their unique needs, evaluate the best approach based on hard data, and deploy technologies that deliver outcomes to residents. Cities are the backbone of society, and the opportunity to transform the way they connect and work with technology companies is why we wake up in the morning. We’d like you to share this passion with us.
As the first product manager on our team, you'll be responsible for maturing our early product and driving us towards product-market-fit. It will be your job to define and advocate product plans and roadmaps based on intuition + data + customers. You'll bring engineering, design, customer success, and sales together to execute on these plans and ship value to both cities and vendors. To succeed, you will need to quickly learn a complex landscape that includes a wide range of personas, incentives, and problems to be solved.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with our customers and develop empathy for their needs, pains, and what's important to them
- Establish a system to manage and prioritize the flow of customer feedback, internal requirements, and business needs
- Ensure that plans translate into a meaningful product by working closely with design and engineering
- Develop a product vision and set clear, measurable goals for the product team
- Join a fast-growing startup in its early days and fix a gigantic market that impacts the lives of half of the world’s population
A strong candidate will have:
- 2+ years of product management experience producing strong customer and business impact
- Ability to interview, understand, and develop empathy for users
- Effective communication skills across a range of situations, from pitching our leadership team on changing the roadmap, to digging into detail on a feature with your team
- Curiousness, scrappiness, and a natural ability to thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Experience shipping products for government or other similarly complex customers (a plus)
We work out of San Francisco and offer competitive salaries, equity, and benefits.