Software Engineer Intern
Zenysis · San Francisco, CAEngineering Public Service & Civic Engagement Partners & Advocates Posted 3 weeks ago
Zenysis builds software for developing nations to better leverage their data for good. Countries are using our platform to deliver lifesaving resources to millions in need, track the spread of infectious diseases, and manage the distribution of vaccines to dramatically decrease death from preventable disease... and we’re just getting started. Our mission is to build software that will positively impact the entire development curve of a country for the next century and beyond.
As a software engineer, there’s a lot to do. From new features to new countries, there is never a shortage of interesting and challenging work to be done. We’re looking for well-rounded engineers who love to ship. You’ll also have the opportunity to travel internationally and work with our users on the ground.
Our biggest priorities are integrating new data sources, improving existing infrastructure, introducing advanced data science techniques for predictions, and building capabilities that meaningfully empower our end users to make better decisions.
We do not use “passion” as code for “80 hour work week”. Because we’re building a company for long-term impact, we’ve chosen to be proactive about ensuring a healthy work/life balance and invest heavily in mentorship, learning, and personal development. People who work at Zenysis have lives outside the office. As a global company, diversity is important to us.
We’re well funded, compensate competitively, and are run by founders with proven track records of success.
- Top-line health insurance + generous HRA
- 4% 401k match
- 3 blocks from Caltrain, 3 steps from Muni
- Catered lunch
- International travel
- Untracked vacation, we recommend 3 weeks minimum
- Health/Fitness membership of your choice
- Competitive salary and significant equity
- Progress towards CS degree, or demonstrated ability through side projects, Github, MOOC or bootcamp
- Personal ownership over past projects
- Working understanding of CS fundamentals
- Orientations towards approaching technical problems holistically
- Willingness to try new things, learn from mistakes and work through obstacles
- Basic ability to work with people different than you