Everytown for Gun Safety · Washington, DCData + Analytics Health & Well-Being Posted 3 weeks ago
Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives. But something is changing. More than 4 million mayors, moms, cops, teachers, survivors, gun owners, and everyday Americans have come together to make their own communities safer. Together, we are fighting for the changes that we know will save lives. Everytown starts with you, and it starts in your town.
Everytown seeks a Data Manager to work with the Data department to maintain and assist in managing the many day-to-day tools and processes used to organize, report, and analyze work done in this organization. This is an ideal opportunity for a creative and mission-driven data practitioner who wants to expand their skill set and be a part of the gun violence prevention movement.
- Administer aspects of Everytown’s suite of campaign, tracking, and outreach tools including, but not limited to: NGP-VAN, EveryAction, Hustle, Hubdialer, and Salesforce. This includes managing user and security settings, providing technical assistance, and monitoring the use of the systems to ensure compliance with Everytown data practices
- Provide support and training for staff and volunteers on Everytown’s suite of tools and best practices for using data effectively
- Upon assignment, manage work product and data processes with vendors and other consultants
- Track data and disseminate analysis of program results, membership contact, voter contact, online supporter outreach, and data relevant to field, campaigns, programs, and movement building
- Manipulate voter, membership, volunteer, and other person level data
- Work with staff and volunteers to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, and preservation
- Make recommendations and provide guidance on ways to make programs, campaigns, and data collection more efficient and effective
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You Will Have:
- At least 2 years (or two campaign cycles) of experience as a VAN administrator for a campaign, committee, issue advocacy group, or political party, including creating users, survey questions, and activist codes, and managing committee level structure
- Advanced skills using Excel/Google Sheets (SQL or other relational data experience is a plus
- Experience training people on a variety of activities, comfortable at conducting trainings (even if you didn’t create them)
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially technical ideas to non-technical people, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.