Education Technology Support Associate
CommonLit · Washington, DCEngineering Education Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup dedicated to closing the literacy gap for students in grades 3-12 across the United States and abroad. We develop open educational resources, flexible curricular materials, and integrated technology tools that promote high-quality reading and writing instruction. Our resources are freely available to all teachers and students at www.CommonLit.org. We are looking for an Education Technology Support Associate with exceptional people skills and a strong interest in supporting school districts, district leaders, and teachers with our education technology. The ideal candidate is excited to work for a fast-paced nonprofit startup, willing to wear many hats, and committed to closing the achievement gap. The person who assumes this role will communicate daily with deserving teachers and district leaders, who rely on CommonLit for access to high-quality literacy materials, so a passion for helping others is a must. This role allows for quick growth within the organization, including potential product or project management opportunities. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and strategic and would be able to quickly develop iterative but enduring systems to support the growth of both the Product and School Partnerships Teams.
- Support the Product Team in meeting product and software development milestones by conducting user testing and quality assurance testing of new features, and providing constructive feedback on user experience (UX) and product design.
- Assist the Product Team and School Partnerships Team in providing an exceptional user experience for our 15 million teacher and student users by investigating and solving user issues, monitoring user suggestions, and proposing product improvements.
- Support the School Partnerships team in meeting customer success milestones.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Must be empathetic and friendly with a desire to help underserved communities
- Must be a strategic self-starter who can prioritize time effectively
- Dedication to providing an excellent user experience
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills required
- Experience providing exemplary customer service is appreciated, though not required
- Design experience is appreciated though not required
- Coding experience is appreciated though not required
- Knowledge of SQL is appreciated though not required
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Location: Washington, D.C.
Pay: Entry Level; Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Education Technology Support Associate in the subject line.
Apply by: December 23, 2019