Salesforce Business Analyst
Common Sense Media · San Francisco, CAData + Analytics Public Service & Civic Engagement Posted 6 days ago Claim this company
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families grow in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 600,000 registered educators and 55,000 schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
REPORTS TO: Director and Salesforce Solution Architect
The Salesforce business analyst represents the Salesforce team as the expert on Salesforce.com in their collaboration with department partners. You'll work with specific department pillars to gather requirements, build proofs of concept, lead trainings, and adapt their business processes into the Salesforce instance. While taking into account their current and future needs, you will also ensure that the components in place fit the Salesforce architecture, strategy, and vision as outlined with the Salesforce team, and will allow Common Sense to grow and acquire new members toward fulfilling Common Sense's mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be a thought partner in department partner meetings and explain how Salesforce can be leveraged for specific strategic tasks.
- Interact with both technical and non-technical customers, attain relevant technical and business requirements, analyze information, and design comprehensive solutions.
- Handle all inbound user requests and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Perform and document program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions, and stipulated expected results; resolve any issues of functionality (i.e., debug program logic errors).
- Oversee Salesforce.com administration, configuration, and data-migration tasks based on input from key partners. Maintain current business processes and assist in designing new organization-wide systems and integrations.
- Drive data-quality initiatives by conducting ongoing trainings, and improve current training materials for internal staff.
- Configure complex Salesforce.com Custom Objects, Fields, Workflows, Approval Processes, Rules, and other automations as needed.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve user issues with the application, and reduce the incidence of user-reported issues.
- Articulate, document, and promote best user practices as they relate to Salesforce.com usage.
- Assist with data-quality projects and data audits, including developing automated data-cleansing routines as well as manual data cleanup.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- Two years working on a Salesforce platform, ideally with the most current version of NPSP.
- Understanding of CRM principles and support center best practices.
- Experience in gathering requirements and implementing data migrations, data maintenance routines, and system integrations.
THE X FACTOR:
- You are the "U.N. negotiator" who can facilitate competing priorities with multiple partners.
- You are energetic, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- You have solid customer service and interpersonal skills.
- You are inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You have a great attitude even when meeting deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with experienced, passionate professionals.
- Great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k).
- An organization that offers work/life balance.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.