Data Projects Coordinator
Vibrant Emotional Health · New York, NYData + Analytics Health & Well-Being Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
Data Projects Coordinator
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
Data Projects Coordinator is responsible for administering and developing a portfolio of 3-10 data-related projects and partnerships with academic, government, non-profit, and private sector technology organizations, under the direction of the Senior Data Scientist, and working closely with Lifeline program leadership and staff.
The coordinator’s role is to identify and cultivate data projects and partnerships with universities, technology organizations, health organizations, and other mission-aligned groups which advance our mission. The coordinator will help the team select, initiate, and manage data projects; will ensure smooth communications and operations with external partners; and will shepherd projects toward clear tangible work-products -- data products, presentations, publications, policies -- aligned with organization and program mission and goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
*Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a relationship manager with external points of contact, ensuring appropriate ongoing communication within and between internal stakeholders (such as Lifeline program team) and external stakeholders which may include university research teams, government research units, private sector technology teams, conference organizers.
- Identify and cultivate data projects and partnerships with universities, technology organizations, health organizations, and other mission-aligned groups which advance our mission.
- Participate or lead structured grant reviews.
- Participate or lead funding applications.
- Prepare presentations and documents which summarize project work, and analysis
- Organize and synthesize quarterly reports regarding data projects under management and under consideration.
- Day to day project administration and task tracking, including meeting scheduling and organizing, and occasional administrative duties pertaining to purchasing, HR, travel, etc.
- Some travel likely required to attend conferences and events as necessary.
- All technology team positions may be called upon for occasional on-call duty, for example, for quarterly business continuity exercises; we do not foresee on-call ever being significant for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent administrative discipline. You know how to track tasks and meet deadlines.
- Business and technical writing skills.
- MS Office with advance Excel skills.
- Phone communication skills.
- Experience with grant administration -- government, private, or academic -- strongly preferred.
- Strong skills or interest in data science preferred.
- Interest in health, mental health, and suicide prevention preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional work experience in a grant- or program-management role or similar strongly preferred.
- 1-2 year in health-related research or policy preferred.
*Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.