Director of Data & Client Support
Organizing Empowerment Project · Madison, WI/RemoteData + Analytics Partners & Advocates Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
About the Empower Software: Empower is a software tool used by progressive political organizations, candidates, and non-profits as a relational organizing volunteer management tool. Relational organizing centers on training volunteers to reach out to friends and family and share personal stories around issues that matter to them most. We have been working in this arena for nearly 10 years and multiple independent research studies have show this tool and technique as effective for campaigns. A fast growing company, we are scaling up to meet the sudden increase in demand for our tool and technique.
Job Description: This person will manage data from the Empower relational organizing software platform. This position will serve as initial point-of-contact for the tech support workflow with individual users and organizations to resolve issues or escalate them to the software engineering team. Additionally, this position will engage in internal data research on usage by individuals and campaigns to identify trends in the data that are actionable and clearly communicate findings to organizations so they can improve their work in-cycle.
- Serve as initial point-of-contact for the tech support workflow with individual users and organizations to resolve issues or escalate them.
- Work with client training staff team to ensure they know actionable details about which organizations are failing or struggling, which staff may need assistance, or other important mid-cycle analysis that clients could use to improve their work.
- Do periodic client data audits in conjunction with training staff to ensure clients have their accounts set up correctly, user permissions are assigned correctly, and the organizations are using (if not at least aware) of the full feature set available via the software to achieve their organizational goals.
- Work with training staff on onboarding new organizations and setting up new accounts.
- Periodically assist the software engineering team in creating training materials around feature updates for rollout to clients.
- Engage in user feedback collection around the software tool.
Successful candidates will meet most of the following criteria:
- Have basic experience in SQL (have used SQL Select queries in a work environment)
- Have a background in data analysis or data management
- Be well organized
- Work well in groups and with others.
- Able to work in a varied work environment with multiple projects in progress at once.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with any of the following background:
- Previous background working in diverse communities or cultures.
- Have previous background in user-facing tech support
- Have interacted with progressive non-profit organizations or political campaigns in a professional capacity.
- Have a background in political organizing or other campaign work.
- Be proficient in statistical analysis
Time commitment: This is a full time employment position based in Madison, Wisconsin. Offsite working location may be acceptable for the right candidate.
Compensation: $40,000 to $75,000 a year depending on experience, plus benefits
To apply: Please send a cover letter letting us know why you are interested in applying along with a resume outlining relevant experience and work history to Jobs@getempower.com
Empower Innovations Group, INC is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. Women, persons of color, and individuals from the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.