Senior Data Analyst - EPMO
Universal Service Administrative Co · Washington, DCData + Analytics Partners & Advocates Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Senior Data Analyst within our Data Strategy and Insights team to act as a critical resource in the generation of strategic analytics and execution of USAC’s enterprise data strategy. Reporting to the Director of Data Strategy and Insights you will provide strategic and operational support both internally to USAC’s key decision-makers and externally to the FCC, Congress, and other interested parties.
- Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Senior Data Analyst will partner effectively with USAC leadership, IT, and business units to effect smooth administration and workflows around reporting, analysis, and open data.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading communication regarding the effective use of data within the organization
- Leading workgroups to promote greater awareness and understanding of information design and visualization techniques
- Applying technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine USAC program data with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, within and across USAC programs
- Using expertise in data science, data engineering, and the latest technologies to design and implement analysis tools, workflow processes, and complex data visualizations
- Leveraging extensive comprehension of mathematical and statistical concepts and data science to bridge the gap between software and tool development and analytical requirements
- Designing and crafting fact-based analysis and recommendations for solutions to current and future strategic issues or situations at USAC with a focus on driving to execution
- Serving as a point-of-contact resource for a variety of USAC stakeholders related to universal service fund (USF) program data and analysis, including USAC strategic goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Championing the use of data as a strategic tool and demonstrating best practices in data-driven decision making
- Collaborating with other quantitative staff to design, implement and manage USAC’s enterprise data strategy
- Others duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office.
- You are passionate about our mission to ensure that all people in the United States have access to quality, affordable connectivity services
- You are a problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in high-pressure situations
- You have 5 to 7 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed above
- You have previous experience as a data professional in the development of complex data visualizations, algorithm/machine learning design and implementation, and report/dashboard deployments.
- You have experience in Tableau, SQL, R, Python, etc.
- You are experienced in code and algorithm review, including reviewing code and algorithms written/designed by others
- You are an expert in the end-to-end analytics process, including knowledge of data extraction and cleansing, analysis, and visualization
- You are inquisitive and detail-oriented and have the ability to spot trends and insights in data from disparate sources, weaving stories with USAC data in order to support program or strategy narratives
- You are knowledgeable and can leverage big data/Hadoop technologies
- You have a strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science or software development and the ability to coach/mentor/guide others
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
The following skills are desired:
- You have supported the implementation of data stewardship, data governance, data modeling, and data quality efforts at the enterprise level
- You have experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, preferably using agile planning methodologies and software
- You have extensive knowledge of the data/analytics software ecosystem and are able to triage analytics obstacles by either finding a methodology, or making one
- You have the ability to weave stories with data, moving beyond the production of facts/figures/statistics and towards the development of comprehensive data-driven strategies complete with projected internal costs/risks/outcomes
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, schools and libraries across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs—High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools and Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC’s rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we- are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the “Apply For This Job Online” button.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.