Flatiron Health · San Francisco, CAEngineering Health & Well-Being Partners & Advocates Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
We're looking for highly skilled, experienced software engineers in the San Francisco area, who are passionate about helping us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you’ll work with our SF and NYC Spotlight team to build research-quality data sets and perform custom analytics that support publications, posters, label expansions, trial design and more. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with different disciplines (research oncologists, quantitative scientists, and clinical data analysts) on a high-impact, high-demand product. In addition, you’ll also:
- Work closely with customers, oncologists, and statisticians to answer critical clinical questions
- Identify and implement solutions to automate and improve our data pipelines
- Learn and teach the engineers on your team and beyond
- Do projects with and for FDA, EMA, and other regulatory authorities
Flatiron engineers work day-to-day with oncologists, biostatisticians, data scientists, clinical data experts, and product leaders. In this role you'll have a chance to expand your communication skills and have mentorship outside of engineering.
Who You Are
You're an experienced software engineer with at least two years of experience in San Francisco and would be excited to work cross-functionally on oncology problems. You have a passion for data engineering and are a strong communicator.
- You hold a bachelors, masters, and/or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- You have experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, and/or C#
- You seek simple approaches to complex solutions
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and using technology to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the chance to improve the lives of cancer patients.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Have a good understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL
- Have a strong understanding of statistics
- Have experience in a highly cross-functional environment
- Considered going to medical school at some point in your life
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.