e-notice · Washington, DCEngineering Public Service & Civic Engagement Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
Why We're Hiring
As one of the first ten employees at the company, you'll have an immediate impact on our product strategy, codebase, and team culture. In practice, this means everything from writing code, reviewing code, working on product roadmaps, participating in company strategy conversations, and exploring coffee shops across DC.
About the e-notice Team
For many of the early members of the team, this is our second company together. We are building a company of consequence and know from experience that having a team of exceptional people is the best part of the journey.
Our team is made of folks that have followed non-traditional paths to software engineering and to startups. Our founding team's first jobs included: newspaper delivery, political campaign staff, museum docent, library book-shelver, chartering planes, and rec-center marketing. We know that experiences with other industries, geographies, and backgrounds are critical to creating the best product possible for our partners.
- Help guide our overall development strategy through design, prototyping, execution, and maintenance.
- Build and ship features in an agile environment.
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
- Present your roadmap at company-wide checkins.
- Report directly to our CTO.
- Flexible and focused on solutions.
- Excited to be a part of building a company from the ground up.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of publishing software, particularly InDesign.
- Experience with Firebase and Google Cloud Platform.
Our benefits will grow as fast or faster than we do, starting with:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity stake
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Office perks like cold brew & kombucha
- Regular lunches with guest speakers; both media leaders and company builders
- Company retreats revolving around the state of the company
- Bring your dog to work 🐶
What you'll do
- First week: ship production code
- First month: take ownership over a portion of the codebase
- First three months: take a leadership role in defining our product roadmap
- First year: this is longer than e-notice has been in existence, so we're looking to you to help us define what this milestone includes!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send a resume/CV as an attachment (preferably .pdf).
- Feel free to include links that best showcase relevant things you've built and done.