aware3 · Remote (USA)Engineering Partners & Advocates Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
aware3 is seeking an Android app developer to join our existing native development team. Client-branded apps is a major component of our platform's offering, and we're looking to continue to improve it.
At aware3, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. Our mobile-led strategy includes customized mobile apps, communication, and online giving. We help churches, schools, & nonprofits engage and grow their communities through text, web, & branded apps. You can learn more about our company values over on our Careers page.
This position is full-time and can be either remote, in our Warwick, RI office, in our Denver, CO office, or in our Kansas City headquarters. We have a casual and fun work environment with an exceptionally strong team dynamic.
Each team member needs to be ready to shift between working independently and collaboratively daily to achieve results. Our company moves quickly on all fronts. We keep meetings and delivery cycles short. If you love a friendly & supportive team who is always questioning the limitations, we’re your team. The aware3 team strives for a balanced Agile methodology. You can read much more on our perspectives on all this in our Tapas Teamwork blog post.
You should have a focus on writing readable and testable code. We don’t give bonus points for writing code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for test coverage. PR’s and pair programming are a part of daily life.
- Implement and maintain features in the Android project with concise, efficient, testable code.
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Be responsible for the code that you write, including writing tests, patching holes and building supports as load grows.
- Interest in both Java and Kotlin.
- Interest in automated testing (Appium, Espresso, etc).
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively.
- Familiarity with iOS development. Collaboration on the team is celebrated.
- Experience with Dagger 2 or other DI frameworks.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence.
Our Tools & Technologies
- Jenkins, AWS, Fabric, Fastlane, Crashlytics, Firebase.
- Retrofit 2, Dagger 2, RxJava
- Junit, Appium, Unmock, Crap4j
- We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
Our hiring process
- Possible code sample request
- Chat with hiring manager (30-60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Chat with the CTO
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
Salary will be dependent on experience. Standard compensation package includes 401k and insurance.
We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone (yes, you!) to consider becoming a part of it.
This full time position is available for both local and remote candidates. Remote candidates need to be located +/- 2hrs to America/Chicago time zone and be presently authorized to work in the US. We have a casual work environment with a collaborative team dynamic.
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.