Senior Software Engineer
ACRONYM · Washington, DC/New York, NY/San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
ACRONYM is a nonprofit organization committed to building power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. Since its creation in March 2017, ACRONYM has run dozens of targeted media programs to educate, inspire, register, and mobilize voters, and has worked with dozens of partners to accelerate their advocacy programs and investments.
ACRONYM is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us advance this work. This is a full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, or San Francisco Bay Area.
Reporting to: Chief Scientist
- You are interested in the intersection of engineering, data, tech, and politics to further the progressive mission
- You have 4-7 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- You have served as tech lead for projects and teams. You can drive the engineering roadmap, working closely with PMs, Data Science, and other cross functional partners.
- You are self directed and can quickly build MVPs and iterate as needed
- You adapt quickly, finding solutions for evolving tech needs, weighing and articulating options, and ramping up others on tech as needed
- You can bring creativity and new ideas and aren’t afraid to fail. You transparently communicate about mistakes so that everyone on your team learns from them
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and can articulate your ideas clearly. You value openness, you’re interested in sharing your knowledge with teammates and learning from them
- You can develop systems that integrate with 3rd party APIs, e.g. REST API endpoints
- You are responsible, organized, and understand the importance of documentation
- You have experience using task management systems (we use Asana), and can handle a variety of projects and work with a variety of teams
- Advanced degree in computer science or related field.
- You have experience working on a campaign or for a similar political organization
- You have experience trying to contact voters, volunteers, or donors
- You have experience training other people, ideally on tools or technology
- You have experience building memory efficient algorithms for data intensive projects
- You have worked with digital ad platforms, Facebook and Google
- You have experience integrating with Facebook Marketing API
- You have experience hiring new engineers
- You are able to ramp up new engineers as the engineering team grows.
- Collaborate with the experimentation and measurement team to further develop our infrastructure for digital field experiments which seek to understand what kinds of messaging resonate with different segments of people
- Drive the engineering roadmap, working closely with the Product Manager, Data Science and other XFN partners and execute on it
- Build up new MVP systems from the group up quickly while integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Train staff on how to better use existing tools and how to start using new ones
- Advocate software engineering best practices across the team
Compensation + benefits
Starting salary: $150,000 / annually
We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
ACRONYM also offers a competitive benefits package including a full suite of health benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Interested? Click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our Commitment to Equitable Hiring
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.