2020 Associate Consultant
Education Resource Strategies · Watertown, MAOther Education Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
Education Resource Strategies is seeking a results-oriented professional with strong and proven analytical skills, including proficiency in or the desire to master supporting tools such as Excel, enjoys the interpretation of information and data and thinks strategically. ERS is a small organization with a strong professional learning community. As such, we place teamwork, initiative and a desire to learn and grow at a premium. While experience in the education sector is not required, a passion for improving the educational experience for all students is!
An ERS Associate typically works on 1-2 projects at a time. The typical engagement usually runs for most of the school year, and our client is most often the superintendent and his or her direct staff. While all client engagements are unique, most engagements require intensive data collection, analysis, and mapping as well as working with the client to understand the implications of the work and to develop leveraged strategies and solutions to address the highest impact implications. The Associate has primary responsibility for conducting the analytics, as well as supporting the development of client presentations and reports. As a member of a collaborative project team, the Associate will work closely with the Partner, Manager or Principal Associate and Analysts to draw meaning from the data analysis and generate final work products. ERS’s inclusive and collaborative approach to project teams ensures that Associates will have the unique opportunity to participate in meetings with superintendents and other district leaders. All Associates are expected to participate in the ERS’ internal and external knowledge management through practice area development this includes but is not limited to, writing articles for publication, and supporting the development of client decision-making tools.
- Actively participating as a member of ERS project teams.
- Executing and communicating well-defined analysis with moderate supervision.
- Participating in drawing implications and conclusions from analyses.
- Supporting the development of client presentations, reports, and other publications and tools for publication and dissemination.
- Participating in client meetings. Owning relationships with district data contacts.
- Some travel is required, usually averaging one to two overnight trips per month.
- Two or more years of experience in strategic consulting, quantitative analysis or other comparable management field with a strong emphasis on strategy and analytics
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline preferred, master's degree (MBA, MPP, MPA or Education) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Microsoft Access preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex material and effectively communicate ERS’ mission and impact to our target audience
- Broad understanding of and willingness to stay abreast of new research in the education sector
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a growing, mission-driven team
- Superior organizational skills, interpersonal skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadline-driven tasks effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to ERS Values: Impact, Teamwork, Candor, Learning, Work-Life Balance, and Service
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to ERS’ mission and values exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities, or community involvement; experience in education reform a plus, but a passion for improving education systems and interest in deepening ones understanding of the community and equity context impacting education systems and student experience is required.
About Education Resource Strategies
Education Resource Strategies (ERS) is a non-profit strategy consulting firm dedicated to transforming how school systems organize resources- people, time, technology, and money- so that every school succeeds for every student.
ERS is the only organization with over 13 years of experience working with the largest school systems in the country on strategic resource allocation. We have worked hand-in-hand with more than 20 school systems nationwide, including 16 of the 100 largest urban districts, on topics such as teacher compensation and career path, funding equity, school design, central office support, and budget development. We also share research and practical tools based on our extensive dataset, and we collaborate with others to create the conditions for change in education.
In all our work, we focus on the larger picture—how resources work together to create high-performing equitable systems. Our non-profit status enables a different kind of partnership with districts and states: one where we participate in the transformation struggle, create insights together, and share lessons with others.
We take an analytical, data-driven and collaborative approach to our work. Most importantly ERS’ work contributes to and influences national conversations on district and school resources issues. Our working partnerships with school systems form the bridge between practice and research.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work, our impact, our team, and our core values: www.erstrategies.org.
Benefits of Working at ERS
- Opportunity for impact: ERS works with some of the largest, most influential and innovative districts in the country to truly transform their practices. Your work will change the lives of thousands of students.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: As a small organization, we are continuously improving, and we encourage innovative ideas, honest feedback, and constant learning.
- Collaborative work environment: We do most of our work in teams. We bring our collective wisdom and expertise to everything we do, often tapping the expertise and leadership of colleagues across the organization.
- Healthy work/life balance: We support every member of the ERS team in integrating meaningful work and professional growth with a healthy personal life throughout their career.
Interested in joining the ERS team? Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter to our Careers Page.
ERS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, or military service.
We value diverse teams and the unique talents each member brings. In that light, we encourage candidates that have life experiences similar to those of the children, teachers, and leaders in the districts we serve to apply. The value we place on diverse teams is mirrored by our commitments to foster and sustain an inclusive culture. We regularly evaluate our organization's processes and policies through the lens of equity and inclusion, and we provide opportunities for individual and organizational learning about equity, inclusion, and diversity.
We view these commitments as essential to our work with each other and our district partners, as we seek to drive equity and excellence for all students through school system transformation