Data Engineering Manager
Komodo Health · New York, NY/San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Health & Well-Being Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the world’s most actionable healthcare map. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. We value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Data Engineering (DE) team is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to lead a team of data engineers to design and develop data pipelines using the latest technologies. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in having managed a group of world class data engineers with demonstrated growth in their career development, as well as having excellent skills in designing and developing scalable solutions for data pipelines, including data infrastructure and data systems. This candidate would also have experience working in a product driven organization in collaboration with product managers, and going through the product development cycles.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Some of the tools we use are: Python, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Git, Airflow, Flask, Scala and Jupyter.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of Data Engineers.
- Responsible for delivering projects required for improving the data infrastructure, data systems and tools that are used in our data processing pipelines. Including project management tasks.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to successfully deliver projects that further our tech stack and our systems.
- Responsible for creating workflows of data processing from our data sources all the way to our end products.
- Responsible for the development of automation across our tech stack to make our company scalable.
- Design and develop processes for data pipelines using latest technologies.
- Establish a collaborative and innovative team work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth.
- Drive data quality across our data pipelines, and implement system controls for managing data quality.
- Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- 3+ years of hands-on management experience of a team of 5+ engineers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with data engineering, having experience with:
- Skills like data pipelines, ETL, data warehousing, workflow systems, etc.
- Big data technologies like Spark, AWS Redshift, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with Apache Spark data structures, critical features and performance tuning.
- Databases like RDBMS, NoSQL, and SQL
- Experience developing people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and working with other teams to deliver projects.
- Experience growing technical expertise of your teams using state of the art tools, technology and processes.
- Very good communication skills, both verbally and written
- A serious passion for data.
- History of excellence and responsibility in previous engineering positions.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience or interest in the healthcare / life sciences industry.
- Experience in a B2B startup or a product startup.
- Experience with machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location in NY/Flatiron