Senior UI/UX Engineer
OpenAI · San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
We’re looking for someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with our designers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. This role sits on a cross-functional technical team and helps facilitate collaboration between design, engineering, and research. You possess the skillset of a front-end engineer and working knowledge of UX design principles. You exercise your expertise in web development, site architecture, and object-oriented design to deliver compelling experiences. You have a proven ability to manage multiple requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines. You create and test solutions in order to validate the value and user experience of the solution or features.
In this role you will:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Design graphic user interface elements
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on typography, color, and imagery
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with graphic designers, software engineers, and researchers
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
You might enjoy this role if you:
- Like tackling multiple problems at once, and can run at them in tandem successfully.
- Enjoy partnering with highly technical people and are passionate about artificial intelligence.
- Enjoy striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Love building for scale, and seamlessly balance being process-driven and moving fast.
- Are a thoughtful, rigorous and data-driven decision maker.
- Have 5+ years relevant engineering experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Have proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
We’re building safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and ensuring it leads to a good outcome for humans. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- Parental leave
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan