Analytics Associate (Targeting)
Priorities USA · Washington, DCData + Analytics Public Service & Civic Engagement $65000 - $80000 Posted 6 days ago Claim this company
Priorities USA is committed to standing up to Donald Trump in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. To achieve those goals and win in 2020, Priorities relies on data at every step of the decision-making process.
We’re looking for an individual to join a growing in-house analytics team to support those decisions. The Analytics Associate will help us define and understand the audiences we are communicating to, and analyze the full scope of political, advertising, and digital data. As a member of this team, you will develop targeting strategies, implement those approaches, and provide guidance to Priorities’ Media, Creative and Leadership teams, as well as our progressive partners.
- Analyze the 2020 electorate to understand which voters need communication and identify the programs, issues and ads those voters would respond best to.
- Collaborate with creative strategists, media planners, and buyers to target those voters by providing descriptive personas of the types of voters we need to reach, cutting lists and evaluating digital targeting strategies.
- Work closely with Senior Associates to develop data and technical infrastructure and other tools to ensure findings are used to inform future strategy more easily and more effectively.
- Partner with the Experiments Team and consultants to ensure targeting complies with experiments Priorities is running to measure the effectiveness of paid media tactics.
- Produce clear, concise, and actionable documentation for other teams at Priorities USA, the press, and progressive organizations we partner with.
- 1+ years work experience in data science, analytics, or political targeting.
- Fluency in R or Python and experience in SQL, with a preference for fluency in the tidyverse packages or pandas module.
- An understanding of and interest in interpreting statistical models and analyzing survey data.
- Experience using data and numbers to formulate insights, and communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter who is curious enough to answer big questions and realistic enough to deliver answers that are applicable and actionable.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Familiarity with marketing and advertising, especially in a cross-functional environment, like an agency or campaign.
This position is based in Washington, D.C., but we are working remotely though the Coronavirus outbreak. We project the salary range to be $65,000-$80,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.