Software Engineer, Baseline Platform
Verily · Boulder, COEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 6 days ago Claim this company
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
The Baseline Platform (projectbaseline.com) has a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve health outcomes. In 2017, we embarked on the journey to map human health through the Baseline Health Study. This effort evolved into an end-to-end clinical evidence generation platform that connects our Baseline community with partner-sponsored trials. We are at the forefront of clinical research and together, with our partners, we are pioneering new approaches to modernize the clinical research through technology.
But we didn’t stop at clinical trials. Recognizing the severity of the Covid-19 crisis in the US, our team launched a community-based Covid-19 testing program that scaled nationally and is testing thousands of people a day! We are looking for versatile engineers who want to make a positive impact on health care and health outcomes.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases using the sterile insect technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a high quality, FDA regulated software.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Master’s, PhD, further education or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience developing full-stack products is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.