Global IT and Systems Associate
Second Muse · Albuquerque, NM/Portland, OROperations Partners & Advocates Environment Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
At SecondMuse, we work tirelessly to better the world we all live in. We build inclusive economies that benefit people and protect the environment. Over the last 10 years, we’ve designed and managed innovation programs in more than 90 countries and 300 cities, sourcing solutions from every corner of the world. From Singapore to San Francisco, our programs define inspiring visions, build sustainable businesses and unite people across the globe. To learn more about SecondMuse, visit secondmuse.com
We are looking for a full-time Global IT and Systems Associate to support our Global Operations (Ops) and Finance and Enabling Infrastructure (FEI) teams. The Ops and FEI teams are responsible for creating the tools and pathways for our project implementation teams to better serve their communities and work.
The ideal candidate has experience managing, monitoring and overseeing the rollout, training, performance and utilization of technology platforms for client engagement, employee management, project management, and finance / HR systems. This job will require light travel, and candidates must be located in Portland, Oregon or Albuquerque, New Mexico or be willing to relocate. Relocation expenses not provided.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Partners with Finance and Enabling Infrastructure, Global Operations and local leadership to oversee daily operations of information systems.
- Administers company-wide technology platforms (such as HRIS software, G Suite, Slack and Asana), including account provisioning, training and basic technical support.
- Develops and maintains a library of software tutorials and support documentation for use by employees and consultants.
- Establishes priorities and helps to develop policies, procedures, and standards that optimize employee efficiency while continuously balancing organizational priorities with implementation team pressures.
- Provides first line technical support to employees and consultants for software-related issues.
- Conducts (or works with the FEI team to conduct) periodic security audits and makes recommendations for security policies.
- Develops and maintains computer information resources and data security documentation.
- Evaluates the software and hardware needs of the organization, and usage and performance analytics, to increase efficiency and optimize use.
- Participates in service negotiations with technology contractors and platform providers.
- Strong relationship and information technology management
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical competence with experience training others / developing training materials
- Understanding of various CRM, engagement, and project management platforms
- Detail oriented
- Instructional design
- Information systems design and maintenance
- Ability to navigate and disseminate information in a distributed and virtual office environment
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and optimized systems strategies for efficiency and maximized implementation.
- Unwavering commitment to sourcing solutions and data driven evaluation of functionality.
- A persuasive and skilled communicator.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach to strategic utilization of systems and tools
- Familiarity in the application of systems thinking and design thinking (human-centered design principles).
- Works well in a participatory, team-based environment with appreciation for teamwork and the consistent rhythm of feedback that’s required to do exceptional work.
- Ability to communicate across different sectors and groups effectively, thoughtful listener with a willingness to seek and consider multiple perspectives and possible solutions.
- Self-motivated and action/solution-oriented.
- Committed and motivated to learn, rapidly incorporating feedback in formal and informal settings.
Work Environment / Travel
This role is a full-time position in a distributed office structure. Light domestic and/or international travel may be required. The candidate will ideally be based in Portland, OR or Albuquerque, NM with the ability to work varied hours depending on the needs of a global organization.
Required Education and Experience
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successful management and navigation of operating corporate IT systems and platforms as well as disseminating the corresponding training in a dispersed team. As guidance, we prefer applicants to have 3 to 5 years (or more) of experience.
Please apply at Workable at https://apply.workable.com/secondmuse/j/AB30D6AA82/
Benefits and Perks of Working at SecondMuse
- Medical and dental insurance with employer contribution
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer 3% guaranteed contribution
- Employer monthly mobile phone contribution
- Flexible work options
- Generous paid time off program, including paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave programs for all new parents
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time to participate in volunteer activities that enhance and serve our communities