Frontend Software Engineer
EnergyRM · Portland, OREngineering Environment Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
EnergyRM is on a mission to unlock investment in deep energy efficiency in commercial buildings. We provide a SaaS platform that aligns economic interests and turns deep energy efficiency into a sound financial investment. We’re growing and need your help enabling our customers to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
It’s an exciting time at EnergyRM. We’re a venture-backed startup that’s getting a lot of attention. EnergyRM has innovative tech and a great team. We’re poised to make a significant impact on the climate by reducing energy consumption. We need your help to make it happen!
This is an early role with a lot of room for growth and impact. As a Front-End Software Engineer, you'll report directly to the Principal Engineer and work closely with other product leadership to build core features across the whole stack. Along the way you'll help improve our software engineering processes and shape our culture and organization.
Software engineers at EnergyRM are empowered to work with discretion and autonomy. Growing in the role means learning to self-manage a project from start to finish. This includes communicating and collaborating effectively by participating in product planning, seeking clarity from product and technical stakeholders, and proactively keeping the task tracking system up to date for visibility and accountability.
- You believe that the best software engineering is about more than programming: it’s also about relationships with the people who are making and using the product.
- You believe in the power of communication, empathy, and mutual support. You want to be part of a team that believes the same.
- You want your work to be meaningful with a measurable positive impact on the world.
- You believe that reducing greenhouse gas emissions and conserving the world’s energy resources is good business.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience with modern front-end development
- You aim to grow as a full stack developer
- You are comfortable with React (or similar)
- You have used (or wished to use) TypeScript
- You can describe strengths and weaknesses of at least one state management pattern
- You write tests because they give you confidence
- You appreciate the value of UI and form management libraries
- You’re comfortable working in a Linux or MacOS environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
Special interests in data visualization, accessibility, performance, and security are also very welcome.
If you are unsure whether your experience is a match, please apply! We’d love to hear from you.
The Tech Stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, GraphQL
- Backend: TypeScript, Node, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS Fargate
The backend is organized around a core collection of interactors (aka service objects), each responsible for validating and executing one whole business action.
Code changes are reviewed in pull requests and deployed multiple times a day with a CI/CD pipeline. Feature flags restrict access to incomplete functionality until it's ready.
Why EnergyRM is a Great Place to Work
We are committed to nurturing a safe and inclusive environment for all voices. We live to learn from others. We communicate with empathy and curiosity, not ego or aggression. We are here to make the world better (certified B Corp!), not play buzzword bingo in a disruption incubator.
- We enjoy a collaborative environment that celebrates innovation in trying to solve complex problems
- Work collectively towards our mission that contributes impactful results for generations
- We foster an environment that emphasizes a learning and growth mindset outweighs the skills and abilities you may or may not have today.
- Our benefits package includes a generous medical & dental insurance package, generous PTO, 401k matching, and a flexible work schedule.
Email our team at [email protected] if you need an accommodation in the application process.
EnergyRM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.