Deputy Chief Technology Officer
NYC Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer · New York, NYOperations Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Public Service & Civic Engagement $80931 - $160000 Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
The NYC Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (MOCTO) facilitates citywide coordination and collaboration on technology issues, serves as a catalyst for and advises agencies on innovation, and interacts with the wider New York City technology ecosystem. Within MOCTO, the Policy & Future Planning portfolios include research and advise on policies related to emerging technologies as well as reporting on the role of technology both within City agencies and more broadly across society.
The successful candidate will serve as Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Policy & Future Planning, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Lead tech policy, research, and future planning teams;
- Advise the CTO on policy, research, and future planning issues;
- Collaborate with key City agencies, departments, and offices on technology policy issues;
- Ensure high quality work output in terms of policy and reporting;
- Implement KPIs and performance measurement processes, as well as mentoring and team-building approaches;
- Engage with community groups to ensure that a wide range of perspectives are reflected in the Office s work related to tech policy, research, and future planning;
- Implement and manage team action plans to ensure improved performance over time;
- Communicate complex concepts effectively in writing and verbally;
- Act as a proxy for the CTO including public speaking as needed;
- Lead and participate in special projects and initiatives, as assigned by CTO.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or in a pertinent scientific, technical, electronic or related area, and four years of satisfactory full time experience in the performance of analytical, planning, operational, technical, or administrative duties in a voice and/or data telecommunications or closely related electronics planning, management, and/or service organization, one year of which must have been in a highly specialized capacity and 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity or in the supervision of staff performing work in the voice and/or data telecommunications field; or
- An associate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or in a pertinent, scientific, technical, electronic or related area and five years of experience as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and one year of the specialized experience as described in “1” above and must possess the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience as described in “1” above;
- NYC residency*
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 7+ years of work experience;
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional leadership skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Ability to influence others even when they may not be directly accountable to you;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing;
- A keen strategic and tactical mind;
- A growth mindset;
- NYC residency*
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.