Growth Marketing Manager: Paid Social
Who Gives A Crap · Los Angeles, CAMarketing Environment Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Hi, we’re Who Gives a Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2.3 billion people in need.
We absolutely love doing good, but we’re also exceptionally good at it. To date, we’ve donated over AUD$2.6 million to fund sanitation projects around the globe. We’ve grown quickly – selling directly to customers across three continents and establishing a strong B2B business in Australia that’s expanding to the UK market this year.
Our team is made up of over 80 amazing humans working out of Melbourne, Los Angeles, China, and Manila. We’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals and diversify our product range to ensure we can have the greatest impact possible – both for the planet and its people. With your help, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years and continue to make the most beautiful, eco-friendly goods around.
A bit about the role:
As a new role in our Growth Marketing Team, the Paid Social Marketing Manager will play a key role in our continued focus on growth and acquisition.
Reporting to the Head of Growth Marketing, the Paid Social Marketing Manager will launch, test, analyze, optimize and scale Paid Social customer acquisition campaigns to grow us beyond our 200,000+ customers. This person will be data-driven, but equally creative and instrumental in driving growth for Who Gives a Crap across Australia, UK and the USA.
80% of this role will be managing Facebook/Instagram, the other 20% will be testing, managing and scaling other paid social channels (ie. Youtube, TikTok etc). You will help develop and execute a strategic plan, use analytics to inform decisions and drive execution to optimize a six-figure monthly marketing budget against aggressive ROI goals. You also will work cross functionally with various teams to think of creative out-of-the-box ways to drive growth.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a high-growth startup while applying your skills to a meaningful cause (we donate 50% of our profits to charity). And you’ll get to make toilet jokes all day.
We’re hiring this role for our Los Angeles office—however, you’ll be able to work part-time in a remote setting (your living room, a cafe, the beach, whatever works best!) up to 2 days per week.
What you’ll be looking after:
- Planning, designing, forecasting and executing Paid Social campaigns to hit aggressive ROI goals.
- Daily management of Paid Social campaigns including creative production coordination, A/B testing, bid management, landing page testing, budget management, creative testing, etc.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm, develop and test new ideas and share meaningful insights and recommended next steps.
- Work closely with the rest of the growth team to develop solutions beyond paid acquisition.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across Logistics, Finance, Social, Customer Happiness, and Operations to coordinate campaign launches, budgets, social posts, etc.
- Maintain and improve daily / weekly / monthly KPI dashboard to monitor and analyze campaign performance.
- Identify trends and insights to increase performance.
- Work with the Growth Team to drive innovative ideas to drive new customers.
Who you are:
You're an expert in Paid Social!
- You have 2-3 years of experience scaling and managing large-scale (six-figure +) Facebook Ad campaigns against ROI goals, preferably at a high-growth ecommerce, DTC brand or agency. Ideally, you also have experience w/ other platforms too i.e., Youtube, Adwords.
- You love what you do and are passionate about every opportunity to do great work!
- You like getting your hands dirty in all parts of the process!
You're skilled at blending analytical and creative.
- You are able to pull insights using campaign data, generate out of the box ideas and communicate them to the creative team.
- Working cross-functionally across various teams comes naturally to you.
- You have a proven track record balancing direct response centric, whilst strictly adhering to brand guidelines.
You eat data for breakfast!
- You have a deep understanding of customer analytics: CPA, ROAS, LTV, Churn, Payback Time, etc.
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross functionally across the business._
You have laser focus!
- Obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from ideation to purchase.
- Deeply self-driven, able to work autonomously, and with a drive for constant improvement.
- A love of toilet paper (just kidding, you can learn that on the job).
Why you should work with us:
Working for a start-up is exciting, varied and if you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quick. While there are some required days per week in our co-working space, you can also mix it up to work in your PJ’s from home or set up office at the beach, up to you! And while we don’t have a Friday drinks trolley, you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
Who Gives A Crap also provides 4 weeks paid annual vacation (yay!), flexibility to take extra unpaid leave, private health insurance coverage, generous maternity/paternity leave and a whole lot of other stuff.