Digital Health Technical Advisor
John Snow, Inc. · Arlington, VAOperations Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
For more than 40 years, John Snow, Inc. (JSI) has provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI’s Center for Digital Health (CDH) works to enable JSI to identify, adapt, and apply appropriate, innovative, and effective technology to improve healthcare across the globe. We help projects ensure success by promoting best practices in Digital Health through technical assistance, supporting new business development, and providing learning opportunities and guidance to build capacity. Our portfolio of work spans technology that supports: the strategic application of technology to solve health challenges, improved health service delivery, health information management system, information sharing and utilization, community education & mobilization, identity and registration, supply chains and logistics, surveillance and mapping. The CDH sees digital solutions as tools to solve problems, and we are dedicated to supporting our colleagues and clients to leverage these solutions to solve public health problems.
To advance JSI’s Digital Health portfolio, the Technical Advisor will provide direct technical assistance to projects implementing digital health activities on a range of digital solutions. The Technical Advisor will also support new business development related to digital health both within the Center (i.e., stand alone technology based projects) and across JSI (i.e., proposing digital strategies within a larger public health program). The Technical Advisor will also work on CDH initiatives, including developing resources and building organizational capacity to ensure high quality digital health implementation across all JSI’s projects and programs. S/he will work closely with the rest of the JSI CDH team under the direction of the Center Deputy Director. Location is flexible, though preference is for the East Coast of the US, ideally seated in either the JSI Boston or JSI Washington DC office.
- Assisting projects in designing digital health interventions and digital strategy at all stages of the project lifecycle. Based on project scope, assistance may range from high-level technical needs assessment and business analysis, down to field-level user experience design and workflow mapping;
- Identifying technology partners and solutions of interest for partnering both globally and in particular country or regional contexts;
- Providing input during proposal development for appropriate technology components of a public health technical approach;
- Designing, developing, and testing digital systems for individual project implementations, using a variety of platforms;
- Project management of digital health components and/or activities from project kickoff through to execution and closeout, in shared collaboration with JSI’s programmatic project management structure;
- Ongoing digital health implementation guidance and support, either ad hoc, or as part of the project team structure;
- Identify opportunities within JSI’s existing portfolio of programs to include digital health workstreams as part of the overarching programmatic strategy. Cultivate relationships and new collaborations with the CDH across JSI projects, centers, and departments
- Perform assessments and evaluations of technology initiatives;
- Ensure quality of digital health projects and activities across JSI;
- Participate in the development of internal resources to build organizational capacity in the use of digital health;
- Provide internal and external representation of JSI, including participation in JSI’s working groups, and external multi-agency working groups;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 or more years’ experience in providing digital-related support for public health and/or international development, managing digital health projects and/or providing strategic direction to digital health projects;
- Experience assessing the landscape for potential digital health interventions and analyzing and recommending appropriate solutions;
- Experience working in LMICs and/or supporting and managing projects in LMICs;
- Experience with the international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations;
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with one or more of: DHIS2, OpenHIE, FHIR, SurveyCTO, Magpi, CommCare, GIS platforms, Drupal, RapidPro, Android/iOS development;
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle;
- Fluent English, with proficiency in French preferred;
- Preference for an advanced degree but not required;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (up to 30%) as global conditions permit.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.