Senior Mobile Engineer
Span · San Francisco, CAEngineering Environment Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
We are seeking an experienced mobile engineer to build polished, user-friendly mobile applications for two categories of our customers: homeowners and product installers. Our mobile apps are the key to unlocking the potential of the Span panel for our users by giving them insights and never before available control over the energy usage of their homes. As the first dedicated mobile engineer, you will have the autonomy to chart the direction of the mobile experience and build a team to drive the development of your goals.
In this role, you will:
- Set the direction, architecture and framework of Span's mobile experience
- Collaborate with product and design teams to understand customer needs and product requirements
- Design, implement and test entire features in our React Native apps
- Partner with the firmware and backend engineers to build seamless integration with our hardware product
As we are a startup, this list should be considered neither exhaustive nor complete. We are excited for people to explore responsibilities outside their normal areas of expertise if the need or interest arises.
- Build out easy to use but robust authentication that is secure enough for an app that controls the electricity of someone's home
- Stand up features and notifications to help homeowners manage their energy usage, especially during power outages
- Setup the app for multiple communication pathways including local wifi and bluetooth that allow seamless communication with the panel when away and at home, even if the wider internet goes out
- Build the manual and automated testing and verification processes for our mobile apps
We are seeking a seasoned mobile software engineer with demonstrable knowledge and experience with:
- At least 1 year of React Native mobile app development
- 4+ years building and shipping multiple iOS and Android apps used by large audience
- Working on a full mobile stack including UI/UX, server interactions, layout, state management, navigation etc.
- Releasing mobile apps to both iOS and Android app stores
- Collaborating with other engineers in a shared code base using industry-standard tools and processes
- Using the engineering principles necessary to design robust, performant and reliable features in the unique environment of mobile applications
- Leading projects from start to finish and successfully delivering required functionality
- Writing Native modules that tie into React Native
- Push notification development
- Responsive UI implementations
- Experience working in the energy industry
Life at Span
Span is a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Impacting the future as a small, agile team means putting in a lot of hard work and elbow grease so we work to make sure you are happy, healthy, and you look forward to coming to work. Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Sunny, airy office located close to BART and Caltrain
- Regular team lunches, brown bag learning opportunities and events
- Opportunity to influence our culture
Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.