Systems Analyst III- IV
HealthSparq · Portland, ORData + Analytics Health & Well-Being Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
HealthSparq is hiring a Systems Analyst to join our SaaS software company in Portland, Oregon. At HealthSparq, we are 100% cloud, relying on AWS and GCP plus internal platform services. You will be a member of a growing team focused on measuring and improving the systems that run our white-label healthcare search products. You will collaborate across teams to solve complex problems and implement robust solutions. You must be collaborative, enthusiastic, data-driven, self-directed, and most importantly, you should care deeply about connecting patients to the best healthcare information available. During the incident resolving process, you will work with other experts, vendors, and specialists to solve the incidents for the customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
In this role you will:
- Support IT Service Management standards and best practices
- Utilizing tools to measure, monitor and report out on application health and performance.
- Analyze, and uncover issues that are impacting members experience
- Measure and improve the performance, uptime, cost, stability, and other operational characteristics of our cloud-based systems using tools like Catchpoint and Datadog.
- Collaborate, educate, and work across teams to simplify and address concerns with application performance.
- Write playbooks and rehearse scenarios to ensure we have an efficient incident response to support our uptime commitments to our customers
- Participate in the on-call rotation as second-tier support, ready to jump into a verified emergency, organize the restoration of service, and then identify the remedial actions needed and drive them to conclusion.
- Support Healthsparq teams as the tool’s admin for the Atlassian tools suite (Jira, Service Desk, Confluence), Catchpoint, Kibana, Datadog.
- Identify, design, and implement dashboards, Monitors and Alerts to ensure application stability and performance.
- Work directly with Service owning teams to ensure service are well monitored.
- Automate tasks and document them for others to use; take direction from others.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve system performance problems or outages.
- Perform tool and application installation and configuration; system monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation, and support.
- Adhere to technical, and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular team participation, providing work estimates, and regular time tracking.
- Administer the integration of licensed and/or in-house developed applications and/or scripting to integrate with other systems.
- Responsible for initiating process and system improvements and monitoring industry trends.
- Provide support and coordination in the effective administration systems and support software.
- Provide technical training to team or Business partners through training sessions.
- Prepare program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Prepare individual reports activities, tasks, milestones, deliverables, schedules, and status reports, as appropriate.
- Works as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates for, assigned action items and deliverables.
- Maintain professional working relationships with vendors.
You might be a good fit for the team if:
- You are effective working across engineering specialties and service team boundaries
- You enjoy mentoring and sharing knowledge, practices, and technology
- You're collaborative and encourage a range of ideas to solve problems. You prefer working in a team setting and learning from those around you
- You are proficient in understanding of design, implementation, and sustainment activities of Information Technology systems
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of Software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
- You have demonstrated ability to plan and document medium to large product upgrades.
- You direct and take action to ensure maximum systems availability.
- Adapts to new technology and methodologies.
- You can demonstrate knowledge and experience with monitoring, dashboards, and status reporting
- You have deployed and maintained service desk tools and are versed in IT Service Management practices
- You have professional experience writing application software and/or scripting tools.
- You are familiar with Git and understand the role that version control and effective, positive code review has in building great software
- You have a strong understanding of the software development life cycle, and often find yourself seeking and sharing ideas on how to make it better
- You Share technical knowledge which makes everyone on the team perform better, gain higher compliance to industry technical standards, and makes systems more efficient and maintainable.
- You can utilize crossover knowledge into other technical disciplines, which facilitate the understanding, coordination, and communication between technical areas.
- You have demonstrated success in debugging large-scale distributed systems
- You are data-driven and analytical in your approach to solving problems and are willing to admit when you don’t know something
- Understand database query languages (SQL,MySQL) and are comfortable CRUD practices
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Systems Analyst I would have bachelor’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field and one-year relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to application development, systems administration, scripting, and performance monitoring; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Systems Analyst II would have bachelor’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field and three to five years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to application development, cloud computing, systems administration, scripting, performance monitoring; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Systems Analyst III would have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field and seven years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to application development, cloud compute architecture (including networking and security), CI/CD pipeline experience, systems administration, scripting, performance tuning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Systems Analyst IV would have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field and nine years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to advanced application development, cloud compute/development architecture (including networking and security), CI/CD pipeline development, data architecture, systems administration, scripting, performance tuning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is all about helping people make smarter health care choices. How do we do it? By offering the most relevant, personalized and timely data possible and offering it to consumers when they need it. With over 70 health plan clients that reach over 72 million people, HealthSparq is uniquely positioned to help people make better sense of their health care.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.