Engineering Manager, Healthcare Map
Komodo Health · San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Health & Well-Being Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Komodo is a data-first software company that helps improve decision making in healthcare. We aggregated data on over 320M patient lives, which allows us to make great SaaS products and analyses.
As a growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers. This is an opportunity to help solve complex challenges, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines in the Healthcare and Life Science space.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager on the Healthcare Map / Data Platform team to play a key role in enabling Komodo scalability. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help solve complex challenges and be a part of a great team. Our engineering team is currently about 90 and growing. You will also be able to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to clients and positive impact on the world.
In this role you will:
- Manage people and software delivery and support downstream engineering teams at Komodo to deliver solutions for our clients.
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to your team members.
- Create and maintain an effective engineering culture.
- Collaborate closely with technical product management
- Lead technical design of frameworks and participate in larger system design efforts
- Recruit, hire, and retain top talent.
What you bring to Komodo Health:
You are a great technical and people leader and you have a proven track record of designing and building large scale solutions using big data and machine learning techniques. The ideal candidate will have experience building platforms used by other engineering teams. Other attributes you bring to Komodo Health:
- Big data / ML data engineering and / or data warehousing (you have gone through different phases of product growth and maturity).
- 5+ years direct management experience of technical teams and technical leads, including hiring and performance management responsibilities
- Experience building and deploying large-scale, complex data processing applications; from architecture, planning, launching, optimizing, and refactoring phases.
- Some experience working with data warehouse platforms, data modeling, and SQL (Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery)
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a healthcare startup and passion for healthcare data.
After three months, you will:
- Oversee one or more teams and support tech leads, architecting technology and delivery there.
- People management of at least 5 people
- Help hire new engineers into Map Lair.
- After onboarding - understand Healthcare Data and Komodo’s data products, as well as other team’s uses
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.