Product Marketing Manager
OpenGov · Chicago, ILProduct Public Service & Civic Engagement Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
About the Product Marketing Manager:
As Product Marketing Manager, you will be part of a fast-paced, growth-oriented marketing organization, responsible for driving winning Go-To-Market strategies, enabling our front-line teams with effective coaching, content, and tools, and partnering with our Product Management organization to drive the long-term agenda for our solutions and brand. If you are passionate about driving effective and accountable government, partnering closely with sales and marketing to increase market impact, and delivering winning financial and transparency solutions --- this may be a fit for you!
- Generate ongoing go-to-market messaging and positioning to inform content creation and GTM strategy
- Research public sector market dynamics, including pains, priorities, news, legislation, customers, in-house sales, product, and Customer
- Success resources to inform our value proposition and position within the market
- Collateral and content creation: Generate company slide decks, product and process one-pagers, field enablement materials, e-books, training and other marketing videos, among other key content
- Identify competitive differentiators to inform messaging and positioning showcased in internal and external-facing content
- Product and feature launches: Work with cross-functional team to generate and execute against internal and external launch plans
- Pricing and packaging: Develop pricing strategy with cross-functional team, generate and update internal/external documentation with Field Operations and Business Development teams
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience marketing technology with documented results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven marketing experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
- Passionate about marketing mission-driven technology to the public sector market
- Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct, and strong ability to execute on multiple priorities at once
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change and competing priorities
- Documented ability to produce high-quality content at scale; ability to share high-quality content/deliverables created in prior roles
- Capable of conducting sound market research and synthesizing into practical insights for use in company, product, and marketing strategies
- Ability to hold financial, initiative-based, and budget related conversations with government executives and other market stakeholders
- Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers