Senior User Experience Designer, Baseline
Verily · South San Francisco, CADesign + UX Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced UX Designer for our Baseline platform - an end-to-end evidence generation platform, aimed to engage more patients in research, collect better, more comprehensive health data, and make it faster and easier to conduct studies, to accelerate scientific discovery and improve health outcomes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to radically shape healthcare by bridging the gap between research and care, through a broad ecosystem of Health Systems, Pharma partners, Advocacy groups, and working with the larger Verily UX team and cross-functional groups —including Product Managers, Hardware and Software engineers, Clinical specialists and more. We are seeking an excellent design lead; a fierce advocate for the user; a system-level thinker, who is excited by the challenges of creating innovative, engaging and delightfully simple user experiences for complex workflows across participant and admin-facing touchpoints.
Please include both a resume and portfolio in PDF format when applying for this opportunity.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; OnDuo, a virtual clinic aimed to help people with diabetes live their very best lives; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to eradicate mosquito-borne disease with Sterile Insect Technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Lead UX design on key features of our Baseline Platform, executing design from start to finish while meeting creative and technical requirements.
- Collaborate closely with the Baseline UX team and cross-functional teams, including Engineering, PM, Industrial Design, Clinical, Marketing, Business, Regulatory and more, to bring products from conception to launch.
- Work on the entire project lifecycle from wireframes to detailed specs across platforms.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts; create and contribute to a great design team culture.
- Participate in user-experience research and usability studies.
- BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science, Graphic Design, or Computer Science.
- 6+ years of experience in UX Design in consumer or enterprise products, medical devices, or other relevant areas.
- Portfolio of UX design work demonstrating ability to work across the product development process, from establishing UX strategy and conceptual foundations to successfully delivering high quality products.
- Self-motivated; able to prioritize and manage workload, and meet critical project milestones.
- Experience designing for health-related products (software and/or hardware).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and collaboration skills; ability to communicate complex concepts effectively across a broad range of audiences, and galvanize different opinions around a shared objective.